autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reload as a topper for Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?

Hey guys,

After 3 weeks and two washes with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo I have noticed the paint surface is starting to lose the slickness and some of the hydrophobic properties it had after the initial application of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating. It still has a very nice shine and gloss to it however.

I'm wondering, I know Mike had used one or two sprays of the black label paint coating per panel as a post wash QD spray and wiped it with a microfiber to regain some gloss, and that's a possibility for me, although I must admit not a very cost effective way of boosting the coating. I have been looking at carPro Reload and was wondering if that can be safely applied on top of the pinnacle to help boost shine and slickness?

How does Reload compare in regards to slickness and hydrophobic properties to Pinnacle Paint coating?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Macro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload as a topper for Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?

Reload is a great topper... and even works great as a stand alone LSP for those who don't have a coating installed.

Reload beads like crazy and adds a bit of depth to the paint as well. I use it more often than needed (once a month) to top my coating. I cannot tell any difference between the 22ple VX1 Pro coating and the coating topped with Reload - both surfaces are very slick.

Another great option is Carpro HydrO2. Simply spray it on, Spray it with water, and you're done. It has similar properties to Reload, but beads slightly better (although reload still beads GREAT, don't get me wrong). HyrdO2 will not last as long as Reload though.

Both products are quick, easy, and perform great on top of a coating!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

ATD | Benefits of Paint Coating by Detailed Image Auto Detailing, on Flickr

^Reload on top of 22ple VX1 Pro (after several weeks)... Reload has different beading characteristics than 22ple so it is easy to tell that it is still present.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Was Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating formulated
    to have "slickness" as one of its major attributes?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Reload is a great topper... and even works great as a stand alone LSP for those who don't have a coating installed.

Reload beads like crazy and adds a bit of depth to the paint as well. I use it more often than needed (once a month) to top my coating. I cannot tell any difference between the 22ple VX1 Pro coating and the coating topped with Reload - both surfaces are very slick.

Another great option is Carpro HydrO2. Simply spray it on, Spray it with water, and you're done. It has similar properties to Reload, but beads slightly better (although reload still beads GREAT, don't get me wrong). HyrdO2 will not last as long as Reload though.

Both products are quick, easy, and perform great on top of a coating!
    Great info, thank you! I might just have too look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Was Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating formulated
    to have "slickness" as one of its major attributes?

Bob
    It's actually very slick when it cures, one of the slickest surfaces I have felt in all my years of using stuff. it just seemed to get less slick rather quickly for something claiming to last 3 years in optimum conditions. (FYI car is in California and always garaged, the coating had never even seen rain yet - just the usual dusting of airborne contaminants in LA )

Macro

Post Thanks / Like

I was really wanting to try a coating a few months back but thought it out and not for me.
    I now use WGGPS , it gives me protection, crazy shine and so darn slick.
    In about six months I get to do it again

This past weekend I tried the BF Ice Sealant, now this stuff really, really rocks

My main reason for not buying a coating is my RAV has a SS paint, sealants just suits it better.
    Coatings are great for those that choose that type of protection.
    But is it as slick as some of the high end sealants?

Post Thanks / Like

I was just talking today to another forum friend about these coatings, and I mentioned I had noted this seemed to be one quality that seemed to vanish quickly with the DP Paint Coating, the loss of extreme slickness after a wash or two.

Why, I cannot explain, but it seems that the other qualities did not leave.

In some past threads, I made mention of using some different toppers over the coating, as time passed. Some frowned upon this, as to why go through the trouble, and cost of a coating, when you're then going to top it with something else?

I would assume these coatings are durable enough to withstand most Sealants, either WOWA, or WOWO after, or quick detailing sprays, without much harm coming to them.

I too thought of the principle of what Carpro suggests, topping CQuartz with Reload from time to time to lengthen longevity, and enhance looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I was really wanting to try a coating a few months back but thought it out and not for me.
    I now use WGGPS , it gives me protection, crazy shine and so darn slick.
    In about six months I get to do it again

This past weekend I tried the BF Ice Sealant, now this stuff really, really rocks

My main reason for not buying a coating is my RAV has a SS paint, sealants just suits it better.
    Coatings are great for those that choose that type of protection.
    But is it as slick as some of the high end sealants?
    From my own personal findings, the DP Paint coating was a lot more slick in feel than either WGDGPS 3.0 or Menzerna Powerlock, which I think were both pretty slick sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the main reason to look for a coating spray topper like reload would be to retain that incredible hydrophobic properties and self cleaning of the original coating, and of course it would keep that surface ultra protected, vs a sealant or a wax.

What would be really nice would be if Autogeek made a reload competitor that was proven to play nice with the pinnacle black diamond paint coatings they now are carrying!

Hint, Hint!

I will try the approach Mike outlined by misting on a spray or two per panel of the black diamond paint coating again after a wash and wiping it off with a MF. I am sure it will bring back that super slick feel and amp the gloss up as well, just have no idea how long that will actually stay on top of the original black diamond paint coating thats been applied.

Macro

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used black label coating so I can't say, but I can tell you it looks darn nice on 22PLE and Migliore Strata
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast