autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload as a topper for Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?

Interesting results for the paint coating. On my sapphire black 2013 bmw, I used the pinnacle coating prep cleaner twice on the bonnet, then followed with IPA wipe down just in case , because it failed before after 2 weeks. Anyway, weather is around 20 degrees Celsius and pretty dry at the time, the coating applied easily and vanished very quickly. In fact I had to use way more than 2 to 3 sprays for the bonnet. The result was a very glossy finish. The reason for just doing bonnet is I was tired of prepping the whole car and after two weeks it failed miserably.

Come a thunderstorm the following week, no washing in between, the rain lasted for a week. The beading and sheeting was drastically diminished, therefore I thought it was just a build up of dirt etc. washed with a mild soap solution of ultima car wash. Then to my dismay, no more fast sheeting or beading, just like a IPA wipe downed panel.
    Pinnacle paint coating after a week of rainstorm - YouTube

Is that a property of an expensive coating claiming 3 years?

Someone said to me it's due to BMW paint being sub par.

Heard all the comments about prep work, paint on car...etc come on, I get better results from BlackIce and UpGP...

Worst still I had a a few spots of very bad water etching on the bonnet, got the photo attached, I am not happy with the so called coating and protection of Pinnacle paint Coating.

Repeated on my cooper a, same thing, not more than a month with a weekly wash with ultima car wash soap. But looked good after initial application and felt very slick.

If you need to top it with anything to boost the beading and protection, that's bs for a coating which is supposed to be superior to wax and sealants. If you need a sealant to further boost it, why not save time and save time and money and just go for a sealant?

For a garage queen which never sees sun or rain..maybe 3 years and so will anything. I just wish they just mention clearly on the label on their claims. Topping up monthly with the coating to retain the property...yeah, because it has vanished after a month? That's a high maintenance and expensive coating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CarPro Reload as a topper for Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?-img-20140422-wa0004-jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234