autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Advanced Fiinishing Polish

Im contemplating whether to use this or not. I have a black 03 explorer, with almost no swirling at all just here and there. What would be the correct way to use this, and pad type. Im using the PC7424. What can happen if you dont work it in enough, or the opposite and do to much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advanced Fiinishing Polish

That's why I like the Meguiar's polishes......you don't really have to worry about that with their SMAT technology.

Post Thanks / Like

This article written by Mike Phillips explains precisely what it takes to break down a polish.

This is what just spread polish looks like.

This is what it looks like after its been broken down.

The key to breaking down polish properly, is technique. Depending on the variables your dealing with, (temp., humidity, pad size, pad type, etc.) it should take 4 to 6 passes to fully break down a diminishing abrasives polish.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried this product a few times and it works decently but takes a long time to break in. I have a non-metallic black CTS and with a 7424XP and a white polishing pad if I don't break it entirely it leaves micro marring. I prefer by far Malco Nano Care Polishing Creme which breaks faster, has more cleaning power and hides slight defects too. For pretty much everything else I use Pinnacle products.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a sample of this polish and am trying to decide which pad to apply it with. LC Flat 5.5" in orange, white, or grey. or the LC Hydro-Tech pad in Tangerine. My dilemma is, I can't find anywhere if this polish is a water based polish. If it is, I think I would like to try the Hydro-Tech pad if not I'll go with the Flat pads. Has anyone tried this with the LC CCS pads since this is a DAT product? I read on here that the DAT products don't break down evenly due to the dimples holding the product for gradual release. They are more suited for a SMAT product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdog View Post
    I got a sample of this polish and am trying to decide which pad to apply it with. LC Flat 5.5" in orange, white, or grey. or the LC Hydro-Tech pad in Tangerine. My dilemma is, I can't find anywhere if this polish is a water based polish. If it is, I think I would like to try the Hydro-Tech pad if not I'll go with the Flat pads. Has anyone tried this with the LC CCS pads since this is a DAT product? I read on here that the DAT products don't break down evenly due to the dimples holding the product for gradual release. They are more suited for a SMAT product.
    I finished a white civic with Pinnacle AFP on a white LC CCS pad with great results! See below.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdog View Post

Pad choice isn't nearly as important as product and technique. Get lots of Hydrotechs and go to town! I have never seen a polish that doesn't work well with them.