autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

I bet that color looks amazing in the sunlight. Beautiful work guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Has that pop and reflection we all cherish so much. Nice work everyone!!!!

I too enjoy the videos. They are a great learning tool for those that live half way across the country and aren't able to make it to AG for hands on training. It's nice when members of the forum are introduced also.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by chrislorl View Post

Well the sun came back out. This is the first day in a week that it really was there. So with that said, and as promised here are some real life pictures.

And My co pilot.

Thanks for the follow-up Chris and cool looking "co-pilot" you have there...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcat View Post

I too enjoy the videos. They are a great learning tool for those that live half way across the country and aren't able to make it to AG for hands on training.

It's nice when members of the forum are introduced also.

We'll try to make sure everyone is introduced in the future...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

wow the shine is blinding..... make more and more thurs night live streams... plz magic mike... thanks soooooooo much!!!!!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Hi All :-)

I just saw the video on youtube. Great idea, love it! As a newbie detailer, I sure learned some new tricks :-)

@Mike you tried both foam pads and MF pads on the helmet. What would you say are the pros and cons of those 2 systems after trying them?

I ask because I have just bought a Rupes 15 and want to know if I should go with foam or MF ?

I am primarily going to detail my own cars:

a ´04 BMW E61 with the usual swirls you see on a daily driver where the previous owners hasnt washed by hand.

and a ´73 BMW 2002 with single stage paint and oxidation.

Post Thanks / Like

xillur, welcome !!! great group here !!! wish you luck! use mf on the 04

as with the single stage paint. read mikes article on that one as myself will use only meg #7 on sinlge stage and rub only by hand... also geat mikes book it has a ton of tips in it... c u soon

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@axel06 Thanks for your feedback.

I was just curious about the use of both foam and MF in the video on the hood and perhaps it eluded me, but I didnt hear a conclusion on which of the systems they preferred.

The reason why I got the rupes 15, was because I started handpolishing the single stage paint and I had a hard time getting the result I wanted.
    With the rupes I also bought the Megs MF system and while I am amazed at how fast it is to get the shine back, I have some trouble getting rid of the last spider webbing. Not saying theres something wrong with the Megs system, thinking more in the direction, that I need more practice :-)

I actually have Mike´s book and use it as a reference :-)

I dont want to hijack the thread, so perhaps I should start a new one.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Xillur View Post

@axel06 Thanks for your feedback.

I was just curious about the use of both foam and MF in the video on the hood and perhaps it eluded me,
    The point of using the Rupes Microfiber pads as well as the Duetto and the Mini AND in a LIVE BROADCAST was this took place the Thursday AFTER SEMA.

Rupes introduced these products at SEMA and only the people that attended SEMA were able to see both the pads and the brand new tools.

So we held a live broadcast to let the rest of the world check out these new pads and tools. That's one of the things we do here at Autogeek is showcase new products and we tend to do it before anyone else.

I'm pretty sure we were the first to do the live broadcasts showing real cars being detailed in real time.

but I didnt hear a conclusion on which of the systems they preferred.
    The products at that time were NEW and we were really the only ones in the US to have the Rupes Duetto and the Rupes Mini as I was given the prototypes in April of 2013 and then give two production units at SEMA.

Rupes also gave us a bunch of the MF pads.

It's been over a half a year since we buffed out this Charger in a live broadcast and since then you'll find people that like microfiber pads and foam pads.

I tend to be foam pad but I don't do production detailing.

The reason why I got the Rupes 15, was because I started hand polishing the single stage paint and I had a hard time getting the result I wanted.
    See this article,

Wayne Carini 1954 Hudson Hornet Original Paint Restored by Mike Phillips

With the Rupes I also bought the Megs MF system and while I am amazed at how fast it is to get the shine back, I have some trouble getting rid of the last spider webbing. Not saying theres something wrong with the Megs system, thinking more in the direction, that I need more practice :-)
    I've written some very in-depth and detailed information about the issues of micro-marring when using any type of fiber pad in this thread,

Meguiars Microfiber system for OEM paints only???

I highly recommend you read it. And the micro-marring issue is another reason I tend not to use microfiber pads at least to finish with. For finishing I always use foam.

I actually have Mike´s book and use it as a reference :-)
    Thank you for your purchase... do you like it?

I don't want to hijack the thread, so perhaps I should start a new one.
    Definitley....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, what a killer response!

I really appreciate the time you took to answer me so thoroughly.

Fantastic job on that Hudson Hornet. :-) Lets not get in to more details on single stage here, I will start my own thread about my paint issues on the BMW ´02 when I get started with that one again. :-)

The thread on the Meg MF system makes totally sense. I bought my Rupes at a Meguiars dealership and they told me to buy the MF kit, after listening to what I was going to detail, so as a newbie I did as I was told...
    Well the MF cutting disc is actually really good for cutting, theres not much dusting and the Meg cutting compound does not color plastics and such.. I just bought the entire range of Rupes pads and the yellow paired with PB SR1 which I already had gives a good finishing results.

I need to read more in your book to comment on it, but it looks good so far :-)

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike, what a killer response!

I really appreciate the time you took to answer me so thoroughly.
    Killer response is always my goal here on AGO...

Fantastic job on that Hudson Hornet. :-) Lets not get in to more details on single stage here, I will start my own thread about my paint issues on the BMW ´02 when I get started with that one again. :-)
    You need to check out this Rupes thread on single stage paint!

Rupes Bigfoot Polishers Detailing Class & Extreme Paint Restoration

I need to read more in your book to comment on it, but it looks good so far :-)
    Always looking for feedback on my how-to books....

This new book on the Flex 3401 was introduced yesterday....

How to use the Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher Paperback Book

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234