autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2013 Dodge Charger - LIVE BROADCAST - Behind the scenes and Thanks!

I just wanted to take a moment to pass on some details about last nights web feed from a newcomer and behind the camera.

I have to say finding to say finding the AG forum has been a great experience. I purchased the Charger on a cloudy day, it was a demo, and looked fine. After a good wash and in the Florida sun I noticed this spider web effect. I was horrified. The dealers car wash and lot guys had done a job on it.

So I started researching the issue and a solution. A few people on the Charger forums led me here. After lurking and reading I stuck my head out (carefully) only to find it was a friendly place. After I learned some new words, understood the issue, I started to reach out to find someone in my area to handle it. Out of about 20 people contacted, with a few select questions they quickly fell off the list. What I learned here saved me from causing more damage.

In the mean time I met Mike, we discussed the issue and decided on using my car for a demo. After the 160 mile drive to Stuart I pulled up at the AG complex, nice place. Met Mike, talked, he looked at the car and said "ahh this isn't bad".

We pulled the car in and people started to show up around 5pm. It was great to meet everyone, they were from a 20 year pro to guys like me that have never touched a polishing pad. Mike discussed the plan with everyone and it started.

I asked a lot of questions and I have to say everyone was happy to answer, I know I am a novice but no one had any problems with that including Mike. His instructions, patients, and knowledge of the tools, products, issues, and correction methods is great. Besides for Mike a few of the guys that work at AG stopped out and even stayed and helped all night getting hands on with the new products.

As you guys and gals saw, the finished product was great!, yes there are a few small scratches that did not come out but the car looks better then new.

After the web feed ended we finished up the car with the coating, wiped it down, touched up a few small items and then cleaned up the shop. I left around 10PM and Mike was just pulling in another car to look at. The man is a machine!

I arrived home about 12:30AM, crashed out, and this morning couldn't wait to see the finish, wouldn't you know it's cloudy and rainy .

I will post some pics on the first nice day.

So I have to say, if you ever get the chance to take part in one of these Thursday night classes... DO IT!

As for AG, well they have a customer for life. After seeing the quality, support, network, professionalism, and experience behind the company and products, there is no question about it.

Thanks to all the guys that showed up on their own time last night , to Mike, Yancy, and the AG team behind the scenes! See you at Geek Fest if not again before that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger - LIVE BROADCAST - Behind the scenes and Thanks!

It was good to have met you Chris and thanks for buying the Pizza.We encourage all recipients in the MAKE OVER GARAGE to follow suit.(That is buying pizza).I`m glad you are happy with the way your car turned out.Everybody is in good hands at AUTOGEEK.PS....next time you are down here can you wire my new stereo.LOL. Tim.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris for letting us work on your nice car. Also, thanks for the pizza and the free t-shirts!

Post Thanks / Like

More importantly how's the car looking today after the coating has cured? Pics or last night didn't happen lol
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome story, I enjoyed watching the live broadcast Your charger looked really nice under the shop lights!

Post Thanks / Like

It rained all day, got home and it was about dark. Tomorrow is another day, come on sun. Pictures to come.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's Saturday, still crappy out but no rain so it made a good day to clean up the Charger after the ride home. There was some dust in some of the cracks and a few places that needed to be touched up.
    Even in the cloudy sunlight the car looks awesome. Here's a few pics.

Mike Phillips

Hi Chris,

I just now found this thread you started after we buffed out your car, sorry for the delay in my follow-up.

It was a pleasure to meet you at SEMA and then again here at AG Headquarters and a genuine pleasure getting to know you plus work on your really cool Charger.

Thank you for the pizza for the guys, thank you for the t-shirts too...

But most of all... thank you for trusting Autogeek with your pride and joy!