autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

1963 Impala and 1964 Chevy Delivery Truck - Show Car Makeover Pictures

1963 Impala and 1964 Chevy Delivery Truck - Show Car Makeover Pictures

I used these two cars as training cars for my last detailing bootcamp class here,

Pictures and Comments - January 26th & 27th 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class

We didn't work on the roof of the truck for a number of reasons and when it comes to teaching a class how to do everything that is involved with cleaning, removing contaminants, machine sanding, compounds, wool pads, rotary buffers, etc. well there's not enough time in this class to do the entire car, especially with mostly newbies to machine sanding and rotary buffers and also with a car this size.

So we finished these two cars out tonight and even had the owners here to learn how to work on their own cars using state-of-the-art pads, products and tools.

Of course I have lots of before and process pictures but I'm off tomorrow and before I shut down the garage tonight I wanted to post some of the after pictures.

You can see the process used for everything below the roof line on the truck and tonight for doing the entire roof we used the Speedy Prep Surface Towel followed by XMT 360 Cleaner/Wax with a new prototype foam polishing pad on the Flex 3401. We topped the Poli-Coat Paint Sealant we applied last Saturday to the lower half with the Nanoskin Hydrophobic Nano Paste Wax.

Nanoskin Hydrophobic Nano Paste Wax

To finish out just the sides of the Impala we used M101 with Orange Hybrid Foam Cutting pads on the Flex 3401 and then re-polished using the new Gtechniq P2 Jewelling Polish with some prototype gold jewelling pads on the Flex PE14 Rotary Buffer. Then we waxed the Impala with Max Wax Paste by machine.

Thank You!
    Thank you to Robert, Jeff, Tim, Carlos, Al, Bob and Chris for all your hard work and dedication to excellence, the finish on these two cars glistens now and the owners are are very impressed.

Beauty Shots
    Without further ado, here are the beauty shots... keep in mind both of these streetrods were incorrectly buffed out by someone using a rotary buffer and were filled with holograms and and random scratches throughout the finish. The truck had oxidation and both were contaminated and rough to the feel before we started.

1964 Chevy Delivery Truck Streetrod

1963 Chevy Impala SS Streetrod

Thank you Carlos and Bob for trusting Autogeek with your streetrods...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1963 Impala and 1964 Chevy Delivery Truck - Show Car Makeover Pictures

Mike, both cars look amazing, and the Impala turned out awesome, it may be a 2 door, but that's still a lot of sheet metal to work with. The red on the delivery van really sets if off too. Excellent work to all that worked on these classic vehicles

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post
    Mike, both cars look amazing, and the Impala turned out awesome, it may be a 2 door, but that's still a lot of sheet metal to work with. The red on the delivery van really sets if off too. Excellent work to all that worked on these classic vehicles

Thanks Craig.

I have some great action shots to post next week too show the product we used to get these results. Carlos, the owner of the 1964 was so impressed with the results and the professional organization we run here at Autogeek he texted me the next day and offered us a 1959 Impala that needs a beauty makeover.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy that rare day off......you damn sure earned it. Both rides are nothing short of perfection.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Stellar job, as always Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

The vehicles look great!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post

Enjoy that rare day off......you damn sure earned it.
    January was a very busy month for everyone here at Autogeek following MTE with a full-on bootcamp work means a lot of work behind the scenes from everyone here at work. As it was, I worked harder for Stacy on Friday than I've ever worked for Max. (Sorry Max, she's a tough boss).

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Both rides are nothing short of perfection.
    The Impala still has a lot of orange peel but the paint measures very thin for a custom paint job so we did the best we could while also staying safe. Bob the owner is planning on taking this on the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour with his grandson, if he does I'll update this thread with some pictures of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Stellar job, as always Mike!
    Thanks Mike, it's always fun having cool cars here for local forum members to work on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

The vehicles look great!

Thanks Al... if Carlos ever wants to sell the Delivery Truck I'd like to have it. It's in incredible shape for as old as it is and someone really did a nice build when they restored and rodded this truck. Driving it reminds me of driving my 1966 hotrodded Milk Truck.

It's ready to go to work for another 49 years. It would look great with Autogeek's Ivan painted on the white panel.

Post Thanks / Like

As usual both vehicles turned out looking spectacular! AutoGeek continues to amaze me. Awesome job Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by corvettesonntag View Post
    As usual both vehicles turned out looking spectacular! AutoGeek continues to amaze me. Awesome job Mike!
    +10

Mike Phillips

As soon as I can get a chance I'll add the process pictures. Both Jeff and I took pics this night but I have not had time to go through them and then get them added to the thread.

Some really fun pictures though plus we had a special guest...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast