autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek Eye Candy

Continued...

The protection step - sealing the paint...
    After wiping all the polish residue off the paint it's time to seal the paint with a coat of wax for this project we're going to machine apply Pinnacle XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba Paste Wax using DA Polishers

In order to get the wax out of the jar you can lightly heat the outside using a hair blow dryer or in my case I'm using a heat gun...

After knocking the wax out of the jar it's a good idea to have a microfiber glove on to help you gently grip the wax as you spread it over the face of pad.

Scott is ready to start machine waxing with the Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher

One more swipe across the face of the pad and Ron will be ready to start machine waxing with the Porter Cable 7424XP

Scott using the Griot's and Steve using the Meguiar's G110v2 to machine apply wax...

Ron machine waxing the rear spoiler...

After the guys apply the wax Rene and Kyle follow behind gently removing the excess wax off the paint...

Beauty Shots...

Michelle stopped by to inspect our results...

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Next up is Chris's 2011 Synergy Green Camaro which takes place this Thursday!

I have not seen this car in person but I'm a big fan of giving people and cars the benefit of the doubt. So until the car arrives we'll just have to bide our time...

This is going to be a fun project because our special VIP guest will be PJ from Dodo Juice Carnauba Waxes and we're going to apply their new Home Brew do-it-yourself wax after we address any paint correction issues if needed.

Here's the wax we're going to use.... my son named it...

Cucumber Explosion!

Before

After

After making the wax we let it cool and fully set-up through the weekend...

The way the wax looks here is normal...

Cucumber Explosion!

Sealed till this Thursday's Autogeek's Car of the Week project...

Get your own here...

Dodo Juice Home Brew Wax Kit

And here's the project car ...

Chris's 2011 Synergy Green Camaro

We also have a returning featured car... Tommy and Nicole's 1970 1/2 Camaro...

The fun starts at 5:00pm on Thursday and goes to 10:00pm so clear your schedules and plan to be here for a night of learning and lot of fun too!

Mike Phillips

***Placeholder #1 ***

This is for the before, process and beauty shots after we finish the 2011 Synergy Green Camaro...

Mike Phillips

***Placeholder #2 ***

This is for the before, process and beauty shots after we finish the 2011 Synergy Green Camaro...

Mike Phillips

And that's the history so far for Autogeek's Car of the Week!

Post Thanks / Like

this is a great thread, great cars, great people. detailing is this much fun, i don't know why more people don't do it. 8)

i am so excited for thursday - it is gonna be GREEN.

if anybody wants to come and join in, and has not already signed up - check out this thread: sign-up thread !

Mike Phillips

So far, my favorite part is meeting the owners of these special interest vehicles.

The fun part is and sharing with them how to take what they have to a higher level and also showing them how not only machine buffing is safe but faster with better results... you could even say show car results...

I'm still working on scheduling this 1939 Lincoln Zephyr to be here in the near future... now this is a "car"

This is Franklin Feiler's 1939 Lincoln Zephyr built by Superior Custom Classics in Hudson, Florida. The paint color is House of Colors Sunset Orange.

And my friend Sharif just e-mailed me to let me know he's ready to re-schedule his black Chevy SSR. I'll try to schedule his black SSR to be here at the same time Brian has his custom SSR here and we'll double down and do two cars in one night. I'll need a few people to make it successful.

Sharif's Black 2004 SSR

Brian's Custom SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous!!
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I am so jealous!!
    One of my friends just sent me a picture of his 1988 Porsche Factory Slantnose Turbo which he's interested in brining to Autogeek for a show car makeover...

I like the color...

Porsche body lines are so timeless, it's hard to believe this car is 24 years old...

How about it? Anyone want to see this car on the schedule? No matter how nice it is there's always room for improvement...

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures with beautiful cars and oh...the women too .

I agree Mike, the one car manufacture whose cars are timeless has to be Porsche. Don't bring up the 914 though .
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast