autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1969 Camaro Pace Car - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Michelle

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that once again I had a great time! As always, Thank you Mike, Adam and Robert, as for Renny.... Your just too cool for me !!!! HAHAHA.
    I really enjoyed that microfiber pad we used with the 3401. That thing is indestructible. I am amazed at how much correction you can achieve with that pad and once we put the 4" pad on, we really were able to get into those tight areas. The 3401 is truly a great piece of equipment.

The wax applied great and really came off easily with little to no powdery residue. As you can see the wax really brought the gloss out of the paint.

This car was once again a great project car and I had an absolute blast! Thanks everyone who came out! Cant wait for the next one!

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle is always a pleasure to work with you on these makeovers ,Next one won't be until December 1st hope you can hold out until then . And yes Renny is just too cool for everyone . We need to find a Pizza place that will delivery to us some food and drinks there just isn't enough time to run out and get some .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Continued...

On the back rear fender, Hector is using the Cyclo to polish the paint to a clear, high gloss... this guy has only been to a couple of our Thursday night projects and he's already becoming very good at machine polishing paint.

I had a lot of fun using that Cyclo!! Pretty easy to use. Only thing that bothered me was the switch. My thumb kept hitting it and it would turn off or turn on and all the polish would get on me. Besides that I love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike and the Transformation Team,

Thanks for the hospitality and warm welcome you extended to Ron and myself. We had a great time and enjoyed getting to know you all.

I appreciate all the education and tips many of you shared and Mike we had a blast trying out all the top-notch products you carry. I can attest, nothing I used was junk or mediocre quality. Your expertise in auto-detailing and selecting the best products is clearly second to none.

I witnessed for myself with this project, incredible results can happen when you use good quality products and have some basic knowledge of how to use them properly. Everything one would need to put out show quality work (education and products) is available at Autogeek.

Thanks again and I hope to be a part of some future projects!

Scott

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Mike and the Transformation Team,

Thanks for the hospitality and warm welcome you extended to Ron and myself. We had a great time and enjoyed getting to know you all.

I appreciate all the education and tips many of you shared and Mike we had a blast trying out all the top-notch products you carry. I can attest, nothing I used was junk or mediocre quality. Your expertise in auto-detailing and selecting the best products is clearly second to none.

I witnessed for myself with this project, incredible results can happen when you use good quality products and have some basic knowledge of how to use them properly. Everything one would need to put out show quality work (education and products) is available at Autogeek.

Thanks again and I hope to be a part of some future projects!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you and Ron for joining us for our "Autogeek's Car of the Week" project, it's a great opportunity to learn about new products, tools and techniques while working on some really cool cars. And... it's a lot of fun...

I would also like to thank you for playing "photographer" that night as you did a great job of capturing all of the "process" pictures.

Ron really did a great job too when it came to running the machine to polish out the paint on the Camaro Pace Car.

Our next project car is slated for December 1, which is the first Thursday after the Thanksgiving Holidays...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post

I really enjoyed that microfiber pad we used with the 3401. That thing is indestructible. I am amazed at how much correction you can achieve with that pad and once we put the 4" pad on, we really were able to get into those tight areas. The 3401 is truly a great piece of equipment.

Thanks for joining us again Kyle, you're a real asset to the team. Just to note, the pads we used were the Purple Foamed Wool pads and they do work incredibly well with the Flex 3401 and they are dang near indestructible as you mentioned...

Here's Rene and Kyle working on the hood...

If you own a Flex 3401 this is definitely a pad you want to include in your arsenal of pads for anytime you need to do some correction work.

6.5" Purple Foamed Wool Polishing Pad
    Foamed Wool 4 x 1 inch Buffing & Polishing Pad

Post Thanks / Like

Still say the passenger's side came out better (even if Adam did have to redo my work) j/k......

Healthy Banter...

And Again, Kyle, you're a blast to work with!

Thanks for joining us again Kyle, you're a real asset to the team. Just to note, the pads we used were the Purple Foamed Wool pads and they do work incredibly well with the Flex 3401 and they are dang near indestructible as you mentioned...

Here's Rene and Kyle working on the hood...

If you own a Flex 3401 this is definitely a pad you want to include in your arsenal of pads for anytime you need to do some correction work.

6.5" Purple Foamed Wool Polishing Pad
    Foamed Wool 4 x 1 inch Buffing & Polishing Pad

Mike Phillips

Just to note, Steve should have this Camaro here on Saturday for Detail Fest!

Post Thanks / Like

Here I'm using the camera flash to light up the swirls and scratches...

How do you polish and shine behind those chrome emblems? Do you remove them? or polish that tiny section by hand? You would need a Q-tip to reach in some of those spots.
    Last edited by Zombie; 10-05-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How rare are these pace cars?

I saw one a month or two ago in Miramar California. Dude was hauling ass and it sounded amazing.
    Jacob

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast