autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Pictures & Comments: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

People start arriving around 7:00am and the class starts at 7:30am sharp.

Coffee's hot, donuts are fresh and we are ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Good morning !
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

will be nice to see the pics after the class is done. I am sure Mike will be busy learning the class and giving away a few secrets in the process.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    will be nice to see the pics after the class is done. I am sure Mike will be busy learning the class and giving away a few secrets in the process.
    I'm pretty good about getting pictures up but it is very time consuming. Most people don't know this or think about this in this way but when you see a thread up with lots of picture showing everything, taking a moment to "click" [REPLY] and either make a comment or ask a question shows "interest" and that's important to justify the time to make the pictures happen. I know it's easy to just click and read but it's the interest factor that gets more attention. Just sayin... been doing this a few years...

Besides that....

The red 1962 Chrysler and the black 1963 Pontiac now have what I would call true show car finishes and some of the people in my class today have never used a machine to buff paint.

Doesn't everyone say black is the hardest color? Wait till you see the after pictures of both the red and black cars.

Everyone's meeting for the traditional "Meet & Greet" from 7:00pm to 9:00pm and then were back at it tomorrow starting at 7:30am sharp.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, 2 show car finishes the first day!! Then Then Then Then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Then do it again.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

I have never machine polished before and it is not hard to learn(when you have a great teacher!). A busy day, washing, decontaminating, and using DA polishers. Rupes on the Chrysler; Porter Cable, Griot's Garage, and McGuires GV110v2 on the Pontiac. Plus the Flex PE8. Great day, looking forward to tomorrow.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the progress over the next few days!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I'm pretty good about getting pictures up but it is very time consuming. Most people don't know this or think about this in this way but when you see a thread up with lots of picture showing everything, taking a moment to "click" [REPLY] and either make a comment or ask a question shows "interest" and that's important to justify the time to make the pictures happen. I know it's easy to just click and read but it's the interest factor that gets more attention. Just sayin... been doing this a few years...

Besides that....

The red 1962 Chrysler and the black 1963 Pontiac now have what I would call true show car finishes and some of the people in my class today have never used a machine to buff paint.

Doesn't everyone say black is the hardest color? Wait till you see the after pictures of both the red and black cars.

Everyone's meeting for the traditional "Meet & Greet" from 7:00pm to 9:00pm and then were back at it tomorrow starting at 7:30am sharp.

Mike,

As far as my post I read it again and maybe I did not word it all that well, sorry about that Mike . when I stated pics after the class I was thinking after the entire detailing class was over not just one day.I can only imagine how busy your day is with trying to teach everybody and sneaking in photos as well. not sure how you could find time in a day to actually post pictures and respond to people after a long day with the class. appreciate the insight on the cars you had for your students to work on. having people that have never used a machine before sounds like you can really get them off in the right direction. thanks for taking the time to respond it is always interesting to see what the students learned and how they will never think of car care the same again.

Post Thanks / Like

Flex today. And steamers, extractors and the daily driver Suburban. SL500 Mercedes convertible in Ceramiclear Black. Compounded and polished to a brilliant shine(Pinnalce Advanced Compound, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. Wipes off super easy), then steam cleaned and the interior protected with Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Protector.

The blue 1971 Chevy pick up, what a swirled out mess. Rotary buffers to the rescue. Compound with rotaries and Pinnacle Advanced Compound. Follow up with Flex 3401 and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, cleaned with Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher and Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. Last step was the super easy Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

What a busy week end. I think everyone is ready for a break. Aaryn and family are headed to Disney World in Orlando, FL before the LOOOOONG flight back to New Zealand, while the rest of us head home.

Huge thanks to Mike Phillips and Nick Rutter for making it all happen. They both worked hard to make this a fantastic 2 days. Great learning experience and alot of fun. We had novices like myself up to seasoned veterans(including a paint shop manager) attending.

We all appreciate the many days of preparation and the non-stop energy you had for this class. I hope to go again and I highly recommend this class to everyone with an interest in car care.

I got to buff a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville Convertable(Black single stage paint, black convertable top, black interior), 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport and a Mercedes SL500 in Black Ceramicoat.

Amazing just to see these cars, but unbelievable as a novice to work on them. I had a fantastic time.

THANK YOU MIKE AND NICK.

AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Mike Phillips

Here's a few pictures showing the class with the finished results for the training cars....

Only 647 pictures left to go through!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast