autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Thank you to everyone that attended today, I hope you all had as much fun as Dwayne, Yancy and myself... here's a few pictures form the class today...

We had a full class today!

Comparing Blown-up Views of Hand Sanding Papers to Meguiar's Unigrit Sanding Discs

Machine Damp Sanding using a 3M Air-powered DA Sander

Tough crowd!

Machine Damp Sanding using Meguiar's G110v2

Removing sanding marks using a rotary buffer

Robert from Impressions Detailing inspects the results...

Learning how to use detailing clay to remove above surface bonded contaminants...

Preston says... you looking at me?

Will trying out the Flex 3401

Elkin is a Pro Detailer from Miami wanting to learn some sanding techniques...

After a little guidance he's sanding like a seasoned pro...

He shared a portfolio of exotic cars he's buffed out and his work is very impressive!

I would also like to thank Shawn aka Sully, Robert from Impression's Detailing and Preston for helping out!

Again thank you everyone for a fun day at Autogeek!

That's all till Monday... time to shut down Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Nice turn out, great job Mike.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Just wanted to say thanks again Mike and good job with the class. I'm already looking forward to the next one. It still amazes me how much there is to learn with this stuff but I certainly enjoy it!

Josh Babitz
    Gainesville, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived home from class (I live on the west coast of Florida).

Some observations in a totally random order.

1. The new Autogeek facility is both absolutely beautiful and huge. Amazingly large and nice.

2. The classroom is first class. Very spacious, climate controlled and comfortable. This section of the building was actually designed to be a classroom...not just converted as an afterthought...and it shows.

3. One phrase to describe the facilities...first class.

4. It is also conveniently located literally just off I-95 which is nice for people traveling in and/or not familiar with the area.

5. The two hotels recommended on the website...the Courtyard by Marriott and Holiday Inn Express are each about 1/2 mile from the facility. They both looked like nice hotels. The Marriott (where I stayed) was excellent. Join their rewards program and save a few dollars.

4. The class started EXACTLY on time...a first for me.

5. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Thank you Yancy, Dwayne and especially Mike. Upon arrival free donuts and coffee were provided and they had a large cooler stocked with bottled water and soft drinks.

6. The class itself was very well organized and presented. The two powerpoint sessions were very professional...lots of high quality photographs and graphics to emphasize the particular points Mike was making. One nice touch was that just about every piece of equipment featured was not only physically present in the classroom, but was passed around for our inspection. We were also encouraged to try out anything we wanted, especially the equipment with which we were unfamiliar.

7. Free lunch was provided and I have to admit the Domino's commercials are true...their pizza is actually better.

8. Mike is an excellent teacher. He brings a LOT of knowledge and experience to the table and it shows. He also knows how to strike the balance of allowing people to ask questions and share insights while maintaining control of the class. Not an easy task with a pretty large class of people is comprised of folks ranging from veteran professional detailers to total rookies. In fact, that was one of the the things that surprised me. I was expecting a bunch of weekend warriors such as me, yet there was a significant number of professionals there who were obviously quite experienced. I think their attendance speaks well for Mike as an individual and Autogeek as a corporation.

9. The last 2.5 hours of class were all hands on and again we were welcomed and encouraged to try out anything we wished. Mike ensured there were people available to assist us if needed.

10. According to Mike, one of the main purposes of the class was to get you familiar and comfotable with new products, equipment and techniques. He was successful with this. Prior to this class, I would have NEVER considered sanding anything on one of my cars. After seeing and hearing about the new Megs Unigrit system and getting to play with it a little bit, I would actually be OK doing it if the need ever arises.

11. The free T-Shirt is nice as is the free detailing apron. That along with the store credit you get pretty makes going a no brainer.

Sorry if this rambled. I just wanted to again thank Mike, Yancy and Dwayne for an interesting and informative day. You guys went out of your way to make it that way and it is appreciated. I would gladly make the trip again for another class.

PS: Get something to recycle the bottles and aluminum cans!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post
    Just arrived home from class (I live on the west coast of Florida).

Some observations in a totally random order.

1. The new Autogeek facility is both absolutely beautiful and huge. Amazingly large and nice.

2. The classroom is first class. Very spacious, climate controlled and comfortable. This section of the building was actually designed to be a classroom...not just converted as an afterthought...and it shows.

3. One phrase to describe the facilities...first class.

4. It is also conveniently located literally just off I-95 which is nice for people traveling in and/or not familiar with the area.

5. The two hotels recommended on the website...the Courtyard by Marriott and Holiday Inn Express are each about 1/2 mile from the facility. They both looked like nice hotels. The Marriott (where I stayed) was excellent. Join their rewards program and save a few dollars.

4. The class started EXACTLY on time...a first for me.

5. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Thank you Yancy, Dwayne and especially Mike. Upon arrival free donuts and coffee were provided and they had a large cooler stocked with bottled water and soft drinks.

6. The class itself was very well organized and presented. The two powerpoint sessions were very professional...lots of high quality photographs and graphics to emphasize the particular points Mike was making. One nice touch was that just about every piece of equipment featured was not only physically present in the classroom, but was passed around for our inspection. We were also encouraged to try out anything we wanted, especially the equipment with which we were unfamiliar.

7. Free lunch was provided and I have to admit the Domino's commercials are true...their pizza is actually better.

8. Mike is an excellent teacher. He brings a LOT of knowledge and experience to the table and it shows. He also knows how to strike the balance of allowing people to ask questions and share insights while maintaining control of the class. Not an easy task with a pretty large class of people is comprised of folks ranging from veteran professional detailers to total rookies. In fact, that was one of the the things that surprised me. I was expecting a bunch of weekend warriors such as me, yet there was a significant number of professionals there who were obviously quite experienced. I think their attendance speaks well for Mike as an individual and Autogeek as a corporation.

9. The last 2.5 hours of class were all hands on and again we were welcomed and encouraged to try out anything we wished. Mike ensured there were people available to assist us if needed.

10. According to Mike, one of the main purposes of the class was to get you familiar and comfotable with new products, equipment and techniques. He was successful with this. Prior to this class, I would have NEVER considered sanding anything on one of my cars. After seeing and hearing about the new Megs Unigrit system and getting to play with it a little bit, I would actually be OK doing it if the need ever arises.

11. The free T-Shirt is nice as is the free detailing apron. That along with the store credit you get pretty makes going a no brainer.

Sorry if this rambled. I just wanted to again thank Mike, Yancy and Dwayne for an interesting and informative day. You guys went out of your way to make it that way and it is appreciated. I would gladly make the trip again for another class.

PS: Get something to recycle the bottles and aluminum cans!.
    Great write up, makes me wish I was there even more!
    JJKACZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I hope you all had as much fun as Dwayne, Yancy and myself...
    Funny, I don't remember being there

Super nice turn out but with Mike teaching that really doesn't surprise me.

Post Thanks / Like

As always, from my experience, Mike did a great job instructing this class, very informative, easy to understand and great hands on!
    Autogeek has done a great job with their new training facility. There was plenty of room for everyone to participate and not feel crammed into a small room. Oh yeh....A/C too. wish my detail shop had a/c.
    Thanks to Mike, Dwayne, Yancy, the whole Autogeek staff and of course Bob(aka-Max) for making it all possible.

Looking forward to more great get togethers and how to's from Autogeek

thanks again........Robert
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike the class was great. After going to both 101 and 102 classes I feel like this class was better then those two because it touched on a little bit of everything. It gave the students all the information from the 101 and 102 classes in a speeded up version, but still gave them enough information so they can go home and work on there own vehicles with confidence. I had fun helping out with the class yesterday, also great job on the new facility much better then the old one. Thank to everyone at Auto Geek that made this possible.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

I like this picture. The guy in the middle in the blue and white striped shirt looks like he's saying, "Watchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Great class. Congrats Mike for all these classes that you make.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast