autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Nice pictures so far, looking forward to the rest of the pictures .

I'm sure it was a great learning experience for all and you had more room to work with the larger garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    Flex today. And steamers, extractors and the daily driver Suburban. SL500 Mercedes convertible in Ceramiclear Black. Compounded and polished to a brilliant shine(Pinnalce Advanced Compound, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. Wipes off super easy), then steam cleaned and the interior protected with Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Protector.

The blue 1971 Chevy pick up, what a swirled out mess. Rotary buffers to the rescue. Compound with rotaries and Pinnacle Advanced Compound. Follow up with Flex 3401 and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, cleaned with Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher and Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. Last step was the super easy Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

What a busy week end. I think everyone is ready for a break. Aaryn and family are headed to Disney World in Orlando, FL before the LOOOOONG flight back to New Zealand, while the rest of us head home.

Huge thanks to Mike Phillips and Nick Rutter for making it all happen. They both worked hard to make this a fantastic 2 days. Great learning experience and alot of fun. We had novices like myself up to seasoned veterans(including a paint shop manager) attending.

We all appreciate the many days of preparation and the non-stop energy you had for this class. I hope to go again and I highly recommend this class to everyone with an interest in car care.

I got to buff a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville Convertable(Black single stage paint, black convertable top, black interior), 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport and a Mercedes SL500 in Black Ceramicoat.

Amazing just to see these cars, but unbelievable as a novice to work on them. I had a fantastic time.

THANK YOU MIKE AND NICK.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit. thank you for sharing your experience.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Here's the Class of January 2015

Roy

Meghan

Patti

Aaryn

Jeff

Barry

Barry

Ty

Frank

Josue

Mike

Charlie

Joe

Dan

Paul

Chris

Arnold

Congratulations everyone!

It was a genuine pleasure working with everyone and getting to know everyone and I hope you all had just as much fun as Nick and I did and you know we're always here to help moving into the future.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to all of the people that attended .thanks for the pics of the event. looks like a good time as well as being a great learning experience.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a great two days learning from one of the best Mike Phillips! This class was great and well worth the time and money.

We were able to use so much detailing polishers, steamers, extractors and also able to learn the right way of doing things. I learned so much and I am still trying to soak it all in. I took a lot of notes and everything we learned was so amazing. Mike and Nick were so helpful with everything. This group was great and open-minded. Everyone was so helpful and very easy going. I would like to thank everyone who attended for the awesome experience with you all and it was nice meeting everyone.

If anyone in the future is looking for a chance to to learn how to detail the right way, take this class! The professionalism from Mike and Nick were second to none. This class was well thought out and there was not a second waste. Ask anyone who attended and they will tell you Mike is like a machine! Mike and Nick truly cared and taught us everything possible in these two days.

I let Nick know I plan on attending this class again in the future with my brother, because this training was simply the best!

I would also like to thank Meghan Poirier the Chief Operations Officer at auto geek. Her and Mike made it possible for me to attend this class and for that I will be grateful for.

See you all at Detail Fest 2015!

Barry Cook

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great weekend (WELL WORTH THE MONEY)
    Jeff Denning

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best class in the world!! If you want to become a detailer or even do your own car take this class. Most classes will only let you work on cheap daily drivers. Mike went out and found us some amazing classic cars! You get to polish out cars that some people would dream to just wash. You will learn all the techniques to make any paint into a show car finish. If I had more time I would definitely go to the class again. Take my word for it and take this class, you will not regret it!

Dan Meier

Mike Phillips

Here's a few more pictures of the cars after they were detailed....

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, always impressive. Those vehicles look amazing!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you tell us it was a painting bootcamp and you just painted all those cars we'd sure buy into the story! Impressive results (as always),

Very anxious for more!,

Thanks for sharing.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast