autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures from Detailing Boot Camp Day 1

Just wanted to say thanks for a great experience this weekend. The hands on impact of the class was excellent, and I learned a lot. Some things I somewhat "expected" to learn, but there was a lot of value I didn't expect. To some extent there are a lot of things "you don't know that you don't know". These are techniques that cannot be articulated properly in a forum or on a youtube video! A youtube video will not correct your technique, or explain why you're not getting the results you expect. There is no real substitute for hands-on training.

As an enthusiast, it was also great to try a lot of different things that I would not have been able to try otherwise. I don't have too many test hoods at home to learn about wet-standing and compounding with a rotary. I also don't have the vast array of tools available at home that I was able to experiment with in the class.

Thanks Mike! I also wanted to extend a special thanks to Nick who answered a lot of my questions throughout the week and did a great job coordinating a lot of the logistics of the class.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Attended boot camp over the weekend and I'm certainly glad that I did. The trip from Long Island was worth it.

There were enthusiasts, part time business owners (like myself) and full time business owners. Ages 16-60 were in the building and everyone took something away from the course I'm sure

I got to try a wide variety of tools / products. More importantly I got hands on demonstrations on various facets of detailing from one of the best in the business. It's hard to put a price on that

Mike is very easy to learn from, and the entire AG crew is top notch. Mike, Nick and Yancy all gave us the vibe that we were welcomed in the AG headquarters and that's pretty cool

So we got 2 days of instruction, $200 store credit, autogeek certificate, meet & greet w/ Mike on Saturday night, tour of the AG warehouse, hotel discount, got to work on some classic cars and as if that wasn't enough...

NO ONE has mentioned the free gift! Courtesy of Max we were all given a 3oz jar of Blackfire Midnight Sun along with a high quality MF towel (split weave on both sides).

Thanks to all my fellow boot camp attendees and AG staff. It was a pleasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures from Detailing Boot Camp Day 1-mr-sparkle-meet-mr-phillips-jpg  
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For my first forum post I would like to thank Mike, Nick and Yancy for a fantastic experience this past weekend. Of course a big thanks to Max for hosting us.

Classes like this can vary greatly in value and execution. The value of this course was beyond expectation for sure, the time spent hands on and one on one with the instructor(s) is worth the price of admission for sure. The execution was top notch, a couple schedule changes on the fly with the classes blessing really kept things interesting and I didn't find myself bored for 1 minute of it. Mikes ability to educate a mixed class of pro's and amateurs is pretty impressive and seems effortless, not an easy feat.

Nick was a great addition to the class, he's a walking Autogeek Catalog with with hands on experience to back it up. Great job!

It was nice to have a chance to talk to Mike at the meet and greet, a long day for him I'm sure.

If you can make it to one of these, I would say go for it. With the store credit and the gifts at the end it's cost per hour is under $10 and they feed you!

I'm now going to plan all my trips to Florida around AG sessions. See you soon.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by slimer955 View Post
    I would like to thank Mr. Max McKee for giving me the opportunity to come and learn from the best. This two day Boot Camp was a great experience. And when you can learn from the best in the business, Mike, Nick and Yancy, it just don't get any better than that.

I am an armature to detailing and the amount of what Mike, Nick and Yancy were able to show and teach in just two days is amazing. Mike is a master at throwing alot at you in a way that makes it very easy to understand and retain what he is teaching.

I strongly recommend that anyone in the business or just and armature like myself take his class, it is worth the price of admission and then some.

Sincerely
    Danny Thompson

Thank you for the kind words Danny...

Quote Originally Posted by POE detailing View Post
    Thank you Max for putting together a great company!Your staff is top notch. This weekends Detailing Bootcamp was a lot of fun,and educational for any level detailer.

These events, I believe do a great benefit to the detailing industry in bringing detailers together from all over to meet and share ideas, and also the hands on training with the huge variety of experiences with products, equipment, and an expert teacher who makes you laugh and feel at home. What a blast!

And to all the class mates, it was a pleasure to meet and to share experiences with you. Can't wait to do it again.
    Paul Viens-Power of Excellence Mobile Detailing
    Auto Dealer Fort Myers Homepage
    Paul Viens | Facebook

Thanks Paul, it was a pleasure meeting you and have you attend my class.

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post

Just wanted to say thanks for a great experience this weekend. The hands on impact of the class was excellent, and I learned a lot. Some things I somewhat "expected" to learn, but there was a lot of value I didn't expect. To some extent there are a lot of things "you don't know that you don't know". These are techniques that cannot be articulated properly in a forum or on a youtube video! A youtube video will not correct your technique, or explain why you're not getting the results you expect.

There is no real substitute for hands-on training.

As an enthusiast, it was also great to try a lot of different things that I would not have been able to try otherwise. I don't have too many test hoods at home to learn about wet-standing and compounding with a rotary. I also don't have the vast array of tools available at home that I was able to experiment with in the class.

Thanks Mike! I also wanted to extend a special thanks to Nick who answered a lot of my questions throughout the week and did a great job coordinating a lot of the logistics of the class.

Andy
    Andy it was our pleasure having attend the class and I'm always thankful for the high caliber people that attend these classes and I make the same promise in each class and that is,

"I promise to pour my heart and soul into the class and
    into my students and all I ask is after the class for each
    person to post their honest experience to the forum"

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    Attended boot camp over the weekend and I'm certainly glad that I did. The trip from Long Island was worth it.

There were enthusiasts, part time business owners (like myself) and full time business owners. Ages 16-60 were in the building and everyone took something away from the course I'm sure

I got to try a wide variety of tools / products. More importantly I got hands on demonstrations on various facets of detailing from one of the best in the business. It's hard to put a price on that

Mike is very easy to learn from, and the entire AG crew is top notch. Mike, Nick and Yancy all gave us the vibe that we were welcomed in the AG headquarters and that's pretty cool

So we got 2 days of instruction, $200 store credit, autogeek certificate, meet & greet w/ Mike on Saturday night, tour of the AG warehouse, hotel discount, got to work on some classic cars and as if that wasn't enough...

NO ONE has mentioned the free gift! Courtesy of Max we were all given a 3oz jar of Blackfire Midnight Sun along with a high quality MF towel (split weave on both sides).

Thanks to all my fellow boot camp attendees and AG staff. It was a pleasure.
    It was a genuine pleasure to meet you and work with you over the course of the two day class and even better is watching your success and progress via the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    For my first forum post I would like to thank Mike, Nick and Yancy for a fantastic experience this past weekend. Of course a big thanks to Max for hosting us.

Classes like this can vary greatly in value and execution. The value of this course was beyond expectation for sure, the time spent hands on and one on one with the instructor(s) is worth the price of admission for sure.

The execution was top notch, a couple schedule changes on the fly with the classes blessing really kept things interesting and I didn't find myself bored for 1 minute of it.

Mikes ability to educate a mixed class of pro's and amateurs is pretty impressive and seems effortless, not an easy feat.

Nick was a great addition to the class, he's a walking Autogeek Catalog with with hands on experience to back it up. Great job!

It was nice to have a chance to talk to Mike at the meet and greet, a long day for him I'm sure.

If you can make it to one of these, I would say go for it. With the store credit and the gifts at the end it's cost per hour is under $10 and they feed you!

I'm now going to plan all my trips to Florida around AG sessions. See you soon.

Hey Jason,

Thanks for posting your experience at our class, the best thing about our classes is hearing and sometimes seeing the impact they have on the people that attend for years down the road.

Thank you for attending all the way from Toronto, Canada and for being a stellar student.

Thank you to everyone that attended this class. I love reading these types of replies because I truly do pour my heart and soul into these classes and it's this type of feedback that lets me know I'm hitting the mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123