autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures from June 26th Open Garage at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

That black GT500 looks fantastic. Did you guys finish the entire car with getting rid of swirls, or just the hood? In the long photos it looks like the car was totally detailed...or does Russ have a lot more work to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see everyone had a fun time in the Show Car Garage, that is a great place to spend a Saturday!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DonMTV View Post
    That black GT500 looks fantastic. Did you guys finish the entire car with getting rid of swirls, or just the hood? In the long photos it looks like the car was totally detailed...or does Russ have a lot more work to do?
    We just did the hood.

"Open Garage" classes, at least the way I've always set them up historically, are about learning how to work on your car, not detailing the entire car. It's the old idea of,

"Feed a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

And just to note, the sign-up thread for all "Open Garage" classes states this idea...

Saturday "Open Garage" - June 26th

The goal of our "Open Garage" is to give people a chance to,
    • Try out products they may have never used or even known about.
    • Learn the correct technique for applying and removing specific products or using different tools.

These classes are not for bringing your car down to do a complete detail as in machine polishing and waxing the entire car. We will show you the products and techniques using a fender or the hood and letting you learn and practice on this one panel but after that you will need to finish the rest of the car at your garage. By doing this more people can get their car into the garage and learn in the limited amount of time that we have and that's what these events are about, people learning how to detail their car, not one or two people using the garage from 9:00am to 3:00pm to detail their entire car.

It's a good model that has proven itself to work well in my experience over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job guys! Totally envious of you all being able to go down there, I just wish we could get something like that here in the midwest. Next year I'll plan my vacation in Florida and make it "just so happen" to fall on the weekend of one of these! My wife will love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, let's not forget who provided you guys with nourishment! It was a pleasure meeting those of you who came down to get some one-on-one lessons with the man himself!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
    Good job guys! Totally envious of you all being able to go down there, I just wish we could get something like that here in the midwest. Next year I'll plan my vacation in Florida and make it "just so happen" to fall on the weekend of one of these! My wife will love it!
    X 1 million! Haha! You read my mind... as crazy as it sounds to seriously plan an entire vacation around this one event, I Emailed a condominium owner yesterday requesting availability

Does anyone know the exact date this will be held in 2011? Thanks a lot!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by john@autogeek View Post
    Hey, let's not forget who provided you guys with nourishment!
    Thanks for cooking John, meant to get a picture of you working the Barbeque while wearing your Autogeek's Show Car Garage apron but instead was gorging myself with the rest of the guys on your tasty gourmet burgers.

Also, thank you to Max for providing a Barbeque Lunch on Saturday!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DonMTV--the top surfaces of the Mustang had the chemical residue, not the sides. Mike graciously showed us how to work out the stains on the hood. I have the trunk and spoiler left to do. There were some scratches that came out also. The swirl marks Mike referred to were from the rotary. Thanks for the compliments on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Russ,
    Thanks for the update. The hood looked amazing, and so did everything else so I thought that perhaps you guys kept going. I have a 2003 Mustang Cobra that is Redfire. I haven't been able to detail it after this winter. Regrettably I had to drive it this winter here in MA. It killed me to do that. Looks pretty good though.

The weather up here hasn't been good for me as my days off have been rainy or other things have come up to prevent me from tackling the job. Soon though. I have a new Flex and various goodies to throw at it.

Take care,
    Don

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast