autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The feeling of getting hit by someone who should never be allowed to drive

That moment when you get word you are officially a company, and you put the celebration off because the dumbest person ever backs directly into you like you weren't their. And when you are on the phone with the police this person almost does it again and tries to blame you for her carelessness.

A special place in hell should be reserved for this kind of stupidity.

I needed to blow off some more steam with like minded car enthusiasts, the struggle sorry for the rant. But the struggle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The feeling of getting hit by someone who should never be allowed to drive

How the hell did she manage to almost do it again. I'd expect that after the first hit, you guys would have gotten out the car. There's a LOT of people who are given licenses that have no idea how to drive properly or with etiquiete.

As simple as using your blinkers. Irritates the hell out of me, waiting for an opening to make a turn. Line of cars far away coming from the right side, and a single car coming from the left, but it's too close to go. Guy on the left doesn't signal until last minute that he's going into your street. By then, the row of cars on the right are already too close to make the left merge.

I swear, if everyone used blinkers religiously, a ton of accidents could be prevented, and a lot of time can be saved.

Just had to vent lol.

Sucks for your car OP. Hope she's got insurance that will pay.

Post Thanks / Like

on the bright side at least your okay I here you though, what ticks me off are people who still drive while talking/texting on the cell phone. not to mention, there are many people who drive without insurance still as well...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Was this your business-related vehicle,
    that was backed-into?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Was this your business-related vehicle,
    that was backed-into?

Bob
    It was my 2014 Altima

I haven't added a 2nd business specific vehicle yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    on the bright side at least your okay I here you though, what ticks me off are people who still drive while talking/texting on the cell phone. not to mention, there are many people who drive without insurance still as well...
    I hear you. And considering how incompetent she was as a human being I am happy to be okay.

Your words are quite prophetic as it appears 1st off either on phone or just to blatantly dumb and lazy to explore possibility of parked car 10+ feet behind her. And on top of that it appears now more likely she has imaginary insurance . But my insurance company is still working on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAverageMan View Post
    How the hell did she manage to almost do it again. I'd expect that after the first hit, you guys would have gotten out the car. There's a LOT of people who are given licenses that have no idea how to drive properly or with etiquiete.

Sucks for your car OP. Hope she's got insurance that will pay.
    Well well she backed into my Altima (not even close) with an F150 when I was parked with the car off. And my car had to have been there for at least 5 minutes. Only thing I wish (grrr at myself)was that I hit my horn. But it caught me off guard and I froze.

After she goes "did I hit you?" My response YES!!! while I'm calling police, she tries to back into me again. I am jumping up and down screaming 3x STOP to keep her from doing it again. She gets out and says "why didn't you tell me?" I kid you not. So maybe last second honking may have made no difference. I swear everytime something came out of her mouth the collective universe got dumber.

Oh an it appears her insurance or representation of insurance is quite sketchy. So um yeah. I honesty hope she goes to jail and at least is not allowed to drive for the sake of others.

500 deductible for now kind of sucks because my LLC registration and loading up on Autogeek supplies for the business wiped me good haha of funds. From what I have been told I am fortunate to have good insurance that's doing their part. And I believe the state of Florida frowns upon filing a false police report and not having REAL insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have full tort on insurance? If so you can sue for that 500 deductible plus any mental anguish she caused you for being deceptive as well as anything else you can throw at her for being so incompetent. You should not have to pay a cent of your deductible.

No matter what tort option you have-

Since you were 100% not at fault be sure to get her for inherent diminished value on your 2014. Even if you aren't going to sell your car, her insurance/lawyer doesn't know that and she will be liable for the difference of the value due to carfax showing damage.

Example your car is worth 15,000 if you were to trade in the day prior to the accident.

Today you go to sell the car and it's worth 13,000 due to previous damage. You are entitled to that 2000 through her/ her insurance since the damage was through no fault of your own. Bring this up to her insurance agent if she has one. This processes for IDV must be started and brought on by you.