autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ebola in Texas!?

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Actually i was showing contrast between total deaths of the different contagions, not survival rate. It is a pretty good analysis actually! Ebola is not that big of a threat unless it goes airborne. Then there is a real issue.

Not to mention modern countries have advanced effective means to combat a contagion such as Ebola, like hot water and soap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

Dial and Purell can do amazing things if people actually used them.

So, wash your hands people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    This Ebola scare is so silly. Be more concerned about other diseases. Ebola is only a problem in under developed nations. Honestly you could shake the hand of someone in early stage of ebola and wash your hands after and not get it.

The media needs to hype something, it's been slow for the networks lately.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm living down here within 20 miles of the place.

Perhaps we should all be more worried about the flu. But then again:

A team of CDC officials doesn't show up when the flu hits town,

People typically don't get isolated their own ward of a hospital with the flu,

The people that deliver flu patients to the hospital don't usually get quarantined,

And the ambulance that delivers the flu patient to the hospital doesn't get quarantined and put out of use.

So yes, the flu may kill more people than Ebola in the average year, but someone well above my pay grade seems to be just a bit more concerned about this particular instance.

Post Thanks / Like

Its been confirmed; I'm sick too. I'm setting-up a detailing products donation drive in my name. Just pm me, and I'll send you my address. Cough, cough, cough. Please, help me asap!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm living down here within 20 miles of the place.

Perhaps we should all be more worried about the flu. But then again:

A team of CDC officials doesn't show up when the flu hits town,

People typically don't get isolated their own ward of a hospital with the flu,

The people that deliver flu patients to the hospital don't usually get quarantined,

And the ambulance that delivers the flu patient to the hospital doesn't get quarantined and put out of use.

So yes, the flu may kill more people than Ebola in the average year, but someone well above my pay grade seems to be just a bit more concerned about this particular instance.
    I agree. I think this is a little more concerning than the "news" is leading us to believe. Not to mention, this disease mutating further making it a catastrophic event.

If it's not that big a deal, why are we sending troops to Africa, and working full force to find a cure within the year? There is more to this than what's being disclosed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post
    I agree. I think this is a little more concerning than the "news" is leading us to believe. Not to mention, this disease mutating further making it a catastrophic event.

If it's not that big a deal, why are we sending troops to Africa, and working full force to find a cure within the year? There is more to this than what's being disclosed.
    The same thing can occur if the flu mutates, or when scientists estimate wrong on the strain that will be prevalent that year so the vaccines are useless. Underdeveloped countries with severely lacking medical care and access to health professionals will see this spread. This victim went to Liberia and didn't disclose it initially.

The flu is a completely different beast as we are accustomed to it, yet we don't worry about it killing thousands of people per year. But when diseases such as the Black Plague or Polio resurgence or whooping cough pop back up there is a response.

If you really want to worry about something worry about lack of vaccination causing society to lose it's immunity against polio, varicella, measles, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Ebola in Texas!?

Um, Guys i am over here laying on the couch, cough, cough. While you guys are debating over there, I'm a gettin worser.
    I need those detailing products, ya see?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Its been confirmed; I'm sick too. I'm setting-up a detailing products donation drive in my name. Just pm me, and I'll send you my address. Cough, cough, cough. Please, help me asap!
    Um, Guys i am over here laying on the couch, cough, cough. While you guys are debating over there, I'm a gettin worser.
    I need those detailing products, ya see?
    ^^^Be careful what you wish for!^^^

TO WIT:
    Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases | The White House

Does this pave the way for martial law, and further
    FEMA roundups of (even more) American citizens?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Ebola in Texas!?

Please fellow AGers, don't let the exp in expdetailing mean "expired" detailing. It's suppossed to mean "expensive detailing."
    Yah, yeh, I know I just started and don't have much experience, but we'll ignore that part for now.
    Just pm me and I'll get back with an address, if I'm still able to, cough, cough , cough....Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Please fellow AGers, don't let the exp in expdetailing mean "expired" detailing. It's suppossed to mean "expensive detailing."
    Yah, yeh, I know I just started and don't have much experience, but we'll ignore that part for now.
    Just pm me and I'll get back with an address, if I'm still able to, cough, cough , cough....Sorry.
    I bet you don't realize that there actually is a quarantined Ebola patient here in Ohio...at: The Cleveland Clinic, from the latest information being made available. I believe that's pretty close to your hometown.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Oh SNAP! I live 5 minute from the clinic!
    I'm tellin ya guys, the time is now to send some stuff!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast