autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracked windshield

To make a long story short, when I came out of the gym and got in my mustang - this is the first thing I see:

I'm like ###, totally pissed!

Better shot of the damage:

I just really despise people that mess with other peoples property. At times I wonder why bother having a nice ride when some jerk off is gonna mess with it.

I believe in karma so they'll get theirs. Had the gym check security cameras but all it shows is someone walking by.

$350 later got a new windshield. Ok my rant is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a camera in car, works great

Sent from my Alien Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cracked windshield

Quote Originally Posted by HD.Detailing View Post
    Get a camera in car, works great

Sent from my Alien Ship
    Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

If someone (off camera) threw something at the car and it quickly bounced away it might not be visible when reviewing the footage.

Most of the time the recording quality and frame rate on recorded video is pretty low. That is done to save space on the DVRs or servers and sometimes to save bandwidth if it is a network based system.

I have seen windshields do weird things do to manufacturing defects and previous stress imparted to them. When they get hot or cold damage shows up. I have seen windshields shatter seemingly for no reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told, I'd rather replace a windshield instead of having a body panel repaired!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good way of thinking cause repairing the glass is just a temporary fix, and soon after you'll see the crack spread across your whole windshield but I am sorry to hear that you had to replace your windshield though since you have a piece of glass how about protecting it before it sees to much California sun???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Saw a thread this guy posted on a Nissan Forum I am on.

This is his youtube video he recorded with a Dash Cam.. the lady tried to say her light was green..

2013 Nissan Altima (Dash Cam installed) totaled by a 2002 BMW running a red light - YouTube

He posted a Link on the forum to the cam he used
    Full HD 1080p G1W 2 7" LCD Car DVR Camera Recorder G Sensor H 264 Night Vision | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    That's a good way of thinking cause repairing the glass is just a temporary fix, and soon after you'll see the crack spread across your whole windshield but I am sorry to hear that you had to replace your windshield though since you have a piece of glass how about protecting it before it sees to much California sun???
    Time and weather permitting this weekend, I have PBL Glass coating I'll apply

Quote Originally Posted by DetailingNoob View Post
    Saw a thread this guy posted on a Nissan Forum I am on.

This is his youtube video he recorded with a Dash Cam.. the lady tried to say her light was green..

2013 Nissan Altima (Dash Cam installed) totaled by a 2002 BMW running a red light - YouTube

He posted a Link on the forum to the cam he used
    Full HD 1080p G1W 2 7" LCD Car DVR Camera Recorder G Sensor H 264 Night Vision | eBay
    Thanks bro!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen this type of damage before. I'm willing to bet someone either tapped your windshield with the bottom of a beer bottle or with an aluminum water bottle. Either way, looks to be a passive-aggressive d-bag move.

Stuff like this really pisses me off. And believe me when I say I can relate, as my ride had been hit 3 separate times ($1800 total damage) while parked in my stall. Not at some mall lot or crappy neighborhood, but at my own spot where I thought the vehicle was "safe."

Couldn't prove the first. Knew who did the second, but had no evidence to pursuit - although karma took care of that one; victim of hit & run herself the following week. Caught the 3rd red-handed, but let it go because I felt sorry for her (pregnant girl, honest mistake).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen this type of damage before. I'm willing to bet someone either tapped your windshield with the bottom of a beer bottle or with an aluminum water bottle. Either way, looks to be a passive-aggressive d-bag move.

Stuff like this really pisses me off. And believe me when I say I can relate, as my ride had been hit 3 separate times ($1800 total damage) while parked in my stall. Not at some mall lot or crappy neighborhood, but at my own spot where I thought the vehicle was "safe."

Couldn't prove the first. Knew who did the second, but had no evidence to pursuit - although karma took care of that one; victim of hit & run herself the following week. Caught the 3rd red-handed, but let it go because I felt sorry for her (pregnant girl, honest mistake).

How can one conclude this was done using specifically the bottom of a beer bottle or with an aluminum water bottle? What gives? The smaller inner circle that looks like a perfect shape of the bottom of a beer bottle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast