autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > The Water Cooler > Off-Topic

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 914
Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Anyone who used these polishes from CG, V34 V36 V38, can comment on them?

How do they compare to the highly rated Menzerna?

So far I heard one say it does not dust...

Is it SMAT/DAT?
ArkayoDeetayo is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rider9195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ulster County, NY
Posts: 3,267
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

I have not used them. But the Paint Correction polishes that I have from CG, use DAT.
__________________
Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R
rider9195 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ShinyRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 423
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
Anyone who used these polishes from CG, V34 V36 V38, can comment on them?

How do they compare to the highly rated Menzerna?

So far I heard one say it does not dust...

Is it SMAT/DAT?
I've used V36 and I did not have any dusting issues. I believe they are DAT, I think I found that seaching Autopia. If you email their customer service they are usually pretty responsive.
ShinyRex is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

I have sampled them, but not used them extensively. That said they didn't blow me away by any means, and the seem to be DAT. Their biggest pro for me is the price, but I feel like there are better products out there.
Flannigan is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 914
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
I have sampled them, but not used them extensively. That said they didn't blow me away by any means, and the seem to be DAT. Their biggest pro for me is the price, but I feel like there are better products out there.
okay thanks, when you say better products, can you tell me what you use and feel is best, I am guessing you mean Menzerna but wanted a clear response.

As far as price, its $17 for 16oz when I see others such as M105/205 sell for ~$30 for 32oz and Menzerna ~$45-$50 for 32oz (except Superfinish4500 which is $35 for 32oz)...so price wise its about in the range with other popular compound/polishes...Menzerna is just more expensive than most, they are the wolfgang of compound/polishes
ArkayoDeetayo is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
okay thanks, when you say better products, can you tell me what you use and feel is best, I am guessing you mean Menzerna but wanted a clear response.

As far as price, its $17 for 16oz when I see others such as M105/205 sell for ~$30 for 32oz and Menzerna ~$45-$50 for 32oz (except Superfinish4500 which is $35 for 32oz)...so price wise its about in the range with other popular compound/polishes...Menzerna is just more expensive than most, they are the wolfgang of compound/polishes
Sorry about the price comment, I get mine from a wholesaler for much less. I didn't think about that before I made the comment. These days I love using SMAT products, but when I do want a DAT product I reach for Menzerna. Sip is great as is 106fa.
Flannigan is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
AeroCleanse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 2,319
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
Anyone who used these polishes from CG, V34 V36 V38, can comment on them?

How do they compare to the highly rated Menzerna?

So far I heard one say it does not dust...

Is it SMAT/DAT?
I have used V36 and V38, very good products. I got no dusting from them.
AeroCleanse is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 914
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
Sorry about the price comment, I get mine from a wholesaler for much less. I didn't think about that before I made the comment. These days I love using SMAT products, but when I do want a DAT product I reach for Menzerna. Sip is great as is 106fa.
no problem about the price, thanks for the reply and information. I take your comments seriously because I think you are a fantastic detailer, one of the best I've seen on this forum, like you--when I need a SMAT I get the 105/205 (I don't think there is any other SMATS except for Meguiars???) and DAT I hear Menzerna is great but never tried it. Reason being it's pricey but I hear its worth it which I don't doubt due to all the great reviews. I want to eventually get one of each Menzerna but as I only do my own car so its hard to justify the cost. I still have ~25oz of both 105/205, in your opinion is there any reason to grab a Menzerna polish vs a M105/205?
ArkayoDeetayo is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
umi000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,097
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
no problem about the price, thanks for the reply and information. I take your comments seriously because I think you are a fantastic detailer, one of the best I've seen on this forum, like you--when I need a SMAT I get the 105/205 (I don't think there is any other SMATS except for Meguiars???) and DAT I hear Menzerna is great but never tried it. Reason being it's pricey but I hear its worth it which I don't doubt due to all the great reviews. I want to eventually get one of each Menzerna but as I only do my own car so its hard to justify the cost. I still have ~25oz of both 105/205, in your opinion is there any reason to grab a Menzerna polish vs a M105/205?
The Optimum compounds and polishes are SMAT as well
__________________
Francis
umi000 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
no problem about the price, thanks for the reply and information. I take your comments seriously because I think you are a fantastic detailer, one of the best I've seen on this forum, like you--when I need a SMAT I get the 105/205 (I don't think there is any other SMATS except for Meguiars???) and DAT I hear Menzerna is great but never tried it. Reason being it's pricey but I hear its worth it which I don't doubt due to all the great reviews. I want to eventually get one of each Menzerna but as I only do my own car so its hard to justify the cost. I still have ~25oz of both 105/205, in your opinion is there any reason to grab a Menzerna polish vs a M105/205?
Thank you for all the kind words! The way I look at it, if you're only doing your own vehicle, and M105/M205 gets you the results you're after, there is no reason to buy more polishes. If you branch out and start doing family and friends cars, I would say give some other polishes a try, but for now I think you're fine. The M105/M205 combo is a great all around combo, that works on most finishes. That said I would be more than happy to send you some samples of the Menzerna polishes. Just shoot me your address in a PM.
Flannigan is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemical Guys WRXINXS Customer Comments 8 01-08-2012 08:12 PM
Chemical guys jetseal over meguiars #7? StevoX Auto Detailing 101 9 03-21-2010 12:13 PM
AJ Auto Detail: First Two Days of Summer Break! AjNavo61490 Show N' Shine 1 05-14-2009 10:36 PM
Dodo Color Chart akimel New Car Care Products 4 11-07-2008 09:47 AM
Chemical Guys 06CivicSi Auto Detailing 101 6 08-30-2006 06:48 AM

» October 2014
S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
» Car Care Brands
Cobra Microfiber Products
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©PBMA - Autogeekonline.net® All Rights Reserved.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55