Another "new word of the day" for 10.15.2012: Saponaceous Definition
Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant
Nostalgia: ~ Merriam-Webster
or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also:
something that evokes nostalgia.
After years of abuse and inattention to their DD's appearance, many newcomers yearn for the resurrection of said to its then new, nostalgic
1. Having the qualities of soap.
2. Resembling soap; soapy (Saponaceous-Subsets)
: A. Soap
1. A cleansing agent, manufactured in bars, granules, flakes, or liquid form, made from a mixture
of the sodium salts of various fatty acids of natural oils and fats.
2. A metallic salt of a fatty acid, as of aluminum or iron.
3. To treat or cover with or as if with soap. B. Detergent
1. Simply put: Synthetic soaps C.Shampoo
1. Any of various liquid or cream preparations of soap or detergent used to wash the hair and scalp.
2. Any of various cleaning agents for rugs, upholstery, or cars.
3. The act or process of washing or cleaning with shampoo.
-I would consider one of the first steps to resurrecting a DD to its nostalgic
, fresh off the assembly line,
like-new appearance, would be a car-wash session
-Nowadays...And unlike the Days of Olde
, when use of soaps
were the only option for 'washing' vehicles;
we have an assortment of car-wash shampoos
is claimed to be safer,
yet just as effective, as their historical-counterparts.
-An example of one of my 'fond', nostalgic
(after one type of 'behind-the-barn'