autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Hands-On Training Class at Flex Power Tools in Stuttgart, Germany

Hands-On Training Class at Flex Power Tools in Stuttgart, Germany

On Thursday, after the tour of the manufacturing plant we returned to the classroom for another Power Point Presentation on Flex tools, then a break for lunch and then it was time for hands-on training and a chance to test out all the Flex Power Tools.

I wasn't able to get everyone's business card and also found it a little hard to catch the pronunciation and spelling of everyone's names, but Bob from Flex will be here next week and he should be able to help me fill in the blanks.

In this shot he's using a Flex Sander to bevel the edge of some type of stone tile...

I checked out the edge when he was done it looked like a machine did the work as it was perfect ground.

Here' they're going over the different abrasive discs for use with the Giraffe

The guy doing this demo is Jamie and he's an absolute riot when you get out of the work environment but at work he's all about business.

Testing out the orbital sander...

Monica testing out different Flex orbital sanders...

Mike Phillips

Re: Hands-On Training Class at Flex Power Tools in Stuttgart, Germany

Continued...

Here' everyone is checking out the paint mixers... the design of the Flex blade perfectly mixes paints for uniform consistency and maximum performance. To show how well they work they have a mixture of black and red beads in the water.

This is a drywall sander...

Here's Jill using the drywall sander....

Here they are using special bits to drill masonry tiles...

There were a couple of hoods set up to let people test out the Flex PE14 and the Flex 3401

Besides the Swirl Finder Light I brought for Dirk Rock, the engineer behind the Flex PE14 I also brought a second Swirl Finder Light in case I met anyone that reads and posts to the DetailingWorld.co.uk forum which was signed by the Swirl Girls, Amy and Janna, if you look closely you can see their autographs on the sides of the light.

Next...

Jill tested out both the Flex PE14 and the Flex 3401 and did an excellent job of showing the guys how it's done!

Time to inspect the results...

Marc is an active member on DW forums so he wins the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light...

This was a great class with excellent teachers and demonstrations of Flex Tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a first class operation! I wonder why we don't see more of this Flex company here in the United States of America

P.S. All the pretty girls would've had me distracted during the training session. Someone would've had to get me a seat up front
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

opie_7afe

flex has a very nice plant that's for sure. also has some very nice ladies. i do know one thing i would love to see monica "flex"(pun intended) ok i will stop!....boys will be boys!

Post Thanks / Like

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Super jealous. So when do we get Flex shop vacs here (at least I'm assuming that's what they are)
    Trent
    PRD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your story & pic's Mike!!! What a wonderful experience!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it never occurred to me that Flex makes all kinds of machines! But neat to see all the different models.... not that I will be sanding dry wall anytime soon but neat to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Hey Mike, the my girl friend was lying down watching me surf autogeek (like countless times before) and when I scrolled upon this picture see said, "WoW". I asked her "WoW" what? She said "look at those shoes, they look like Burberry, but she wants to know if you asked about her shoes?"

By the way, what an amazing trip you all had!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Looks like a first class operation! I wonder why we don't see more of this Flex company here in the United States of America

P.S. All the pretty girls would've had me distracted during the training session. Someone would've had to get me a seat up front
    We might see more Flex tools coming into the U.S.A. into the future, just depends on the market. As for the pretty girls, what you didn't see were many of the girls that work in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    flex has a very nice plant that's for sure. also has some very nice ladies. i do know one thing i would love to see Monica "flex"(pun intended) ok i will stop!....boys will be boys!
    Besides being very beautiful she also has a very beautiful voice and

Quote Originally Posted by TS656577 View Post
    Wow. Super jealous. So when do we get Flex shop vacs here (at least I'm assuming that's what they are)
    I'm not sure those are actual shop vacs but they could probably be used for that purpose. They attach via long flexible hoses to the sanding tools to extract the dust so that it doesn't spread everywhere and so that you don't have to breathe it in. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by detaildave View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story & pic's Mike!!! What a wonderful experience!!!
    Dave I think you would have like the Oktoberfest portion just as much as the tour and the training days...

Quote Originally Posted by DealerDetailer View Post
    Hey Mike, my girl friend was lying down watching me surf autogeek (like countless times before) and when I scrolled upon this picture see said, "WoW".

I asked her "WoW" what? She said "look at those shoes, they look like Burberry, but she wants to know if you asked about her shoes?"
    I did not ask her about her shoes but I've already read 3-4 comments about them on this site and on DW, so others have noticed them also. Judging by her outfits I'm confident she has impeccable taste when it comes to fashion. Has to be good for business.

Now you know what to get your girlfriend for presents...

Quote Originally Posted by DealerDetailer View Post

By the way, what an amazing trip you all had!
    The word amazing is just the tip of the iceburg...