autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UPS - Adverse Weather Conditions???

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    Let me make sure I fully understand your situation. You are whining like a baby and your order is not late yet. Is that correct?
    Sure, I'll do my best to straighten you out. I'm not whining like a baby I'm asking if this has happened to others in the past or is happening to them now. I'm also saying "don't lie to me". If you do a google search for "Hodgkins Il adverse weather conditions" and you'll find quite a few post of people experiencing the same thing.

So to break it down and to clarify...

1) I'm looking for information from other member and to not be called names. (How about we show a little maturity here)

and

2) I'm simply stating don't lie to me. There's simply no need for it.

I hope that helps. If you need me to explain it further, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.
    Josh
    "Work smarter, not harder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingbean View Post
    Sure, I'll do my best to straighten you out. I'm not whining like a baby I'm asking if this has happened to others in the past or is happening to them now. I'm also saying "don't lie to me". If you do a google search for "Hodgkins Il adverse weather conditions" and you'll find quite a few post of people experiencing the same thing.

So to break it down and to clarify...

1) I'm looking for information from other member and to not be called names. (How about we show a little maturity here)

and

2) I'm simply stating don't lie to me. There's simply no need for it.

I hope that helps. If you need me to explain it further, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.
    OK I think I got it. Let us know if your order arrives on time.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if i'd say that FedEx is any better. When Plasma TV's first came out, we had to ship one to a venue. (It was a pioneer 60" that cost almost 70,000 dollars). We has a custom "Pelican" type case made for the tv with mounting brackets and everything was shock absorbing. We paid the money for insurance. When the package arrived, it had two holes directly through both sides of the case from a forklift. They didn't want to give us the money because it wasn't marked "fragile" which it certainly wasn't. Any package is fragile when you're talking about putting forks through them. That's my experience with them. I ship things with them occasionally, but I like UPS better.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer UPS over Fedex, But yes somtimes they do miss a scan and it will still be on time but it does suck when they are late!

Post Thanks / Like

From Friday July 26 to Saturday July 27 the area around Hodgkins, Il got 6-8 inches of rain, so yes it was flooding. We fortunately only had 2.5 inches of rain, but lost one large tree to the high winds. I spent my Sunday afternoon garage time out in the yard with a hand saw and lopping shears making a large tree into piles of firewood and yard waste.

Gov. Pat Quinn declares Cook, DuPage and 10 other counties disaster areas after the storm - chicagotribune.com

BTW: I've had many packages delayed in Memphis at the FedEx hub due to big T-storms. Neither carrier can control the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

AHHH thank you. That`s the type of information I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up Misterpaul. That clears things up. I really appreciate that
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

We had a lot of flooding in the Chacago area over the weekend. 3 highways were closed. I know the UPS Hodgkins terminal is right next to the Cal Sag chanel, which was probally over it's banks and into the UPS lot. Don't know for sure though.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also from Illinois and in my area we had about 14- 16 inches of rain last weekend in less than 2 days which caused major flooding.

We had both major highways in our area closed, one of which is still closed. This has never happend in our area before.

That being said if they have a terminal located anywhere near a stream or river they may have a water issue.

I attached a photo of our public park. This bridge is the only one not under water. I believe there is normally 20 feet of space below the bridge. They are expecting the park to be closed the rest of the year from all the damage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UPS - Adverse Weather Conditions???-krape-park-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow!! We've been through some major flooding up here in past years as well. I hope you don't live in a low lying area. And I hope that everyone is ok.
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Update... my package will arrive today, on time... despite the delay in Illinois...

Thanks... AG, UPS...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast