autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ups=fail.....

Post Thanks / Like

Ups=fail.....

So im sure you all know the feeling of ordering some new products and the excitement of waiting for it to finally be delivered. Its like christmas when i was 10 all over again. Anyways my order is scheduled to be delivered today. So of course i woke up excited.

But..........nothing ever goes right with my orders and UPS. Last time my package got delivered to some business in a whole other city. Luckily that business was nice enough to call me and even drop it off at mine. That package wasnt from autogeek though. Anyways...I checked the tracking multiple times since the last update was the 28th...this is what I see...

SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,
    CA, US
    02/02/2009 8:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS JACKSONVILLE,
    FL, US
    01/28/2009 10:21 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 01/28/2009 3:54 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ORLANDO,
    FL, US
    01/28/2009 12:40 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 01/28/2009 12:01 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN STUART,
    FL, US
    01/27/2009 9:28 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 01/27/2009 6:48 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US 01/27/2009 5:41 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    Adverse weather conditions??? Clear in the Mid 60s is adverse weather???..............
    Keep in mind this update showed up around 12pm today the 3rd not yesterday.

I still had hope though so I kept checking. GREAT!!! an update!............but.....
    SAN PABLO,
    CA, US
    02/03/2009 1:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 02/03/2009 11:39 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,
    CA, US
    02/02/2009 8:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
    Niiiiice.........Now its in a completely different city a few hours away. Whoohoo.....Those adverse conditions must have been pretty bad to have to send it to a whole other city.

Luckily though...

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,
    CA, US
    02/03/2009 2:08 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    Atleast its back in the right damn city. Its like their toying with my emotions. I think theyre doing this on purpose ...So it wont be here on time but hopefully it doesnt take another trip tomorrow and actually ends up at the right destination.

I honestly hate UPS. Nothing but bad experiences. They especially like to play kickball with my packages for some reason. Good that the websites I order from go to extra lengths to package it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ups=fail.....

I am going through the same thing right now. My package from AG sent last Monday or so i thought, just got around to checking it yesterday since it didn't arrive like it was suppose to yesterday and it said Adverse Weather Condition....then i checked it again today and it is out for delivery. I am in Oregon. So basically they are only a day late according to their initial delivery date that they expected. Dont worry, they will update it. Usually they updated it once it gets to every facility and leaves, but mind went straight from FL to OR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87 View Post
    I honestly hate UPS. Nothing but bad experiences. They especially like to play kickball with my packages for some reason. Good that the websites I order from go to extra lengths to package it well.
    i don't care for UPS as well. they take forever and while FedEx may not be that different in some people's experiences, i prefer them as i get my packages before noon. with UPS, i'm like the last stop when they drop it off around or later than 5:30pm...

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, my package got delivered to another residence. Luckily the couple was nice and searched out my address and got it to me.

Ups does stink sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

it looked like they drop kicked my package then while it was in the air rang the doorbell then ran back to the truck. at least there was mostlly microfibers in it, so no damage.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't care for UPS as well. they take forever and while FedEx may not be that different in some people's experiences, i prefer them as i get my packages before noon. with UPS, i'm like the last stop when they drop it off around or later than 5:30pm..
    Fedex is 10x better. Fedex also gets it to me between 12-2pm. It seems I am also one of the last on UPSs route as I get it anywhere from 5-7pm. Thats not really what gets me mad though. Its not so much the time that it gets there but more so that it actually gets there....and intact. Where your placement is on their route is out of our hands so i cant complain about the time. What we can complain about is the quality of their service. Their tracking system is also horrible.

it looked like they drop kicked my package then while it was in the air rang the doorbell then ran back to the truck.
    Thats exactly how I feel. I also work for a delivery company so I know time is everything but I also try to put myself in the recipients position and know that the package may be important to that person no matter how small or what value i perceive it to be
    Last edited by Dsoto87; 02-03-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I live just barely outside Jacksonville in Ponte Vedra Beach and the only adverse weather conditions on that day was fog. It was foggy as heck on the 28th b/c my buddy and I went to play golf. We could barley see the flag on a 130 yard par 3. It was kinda fun actually. Other than that..... it's been kinda nice. I know how you feel though about Christmas.... I'm waiting for my new Cyclo and Gloss-It products now. Hopefully they'll be here before Friday!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I've used UPS probably over 100+ times and never had any issues. I guess all systems can't run perfect...

Post Thanks / Like

Well not to stick up for UPS but we use all carriers and I can tell you on a whole when you are shipping hundreds of boxes everyday, in the end UPS has SIGNIFICANTLY less issues then any of the other carriers, trust me. But it does happen, and to comment on the weather conditions, UPS as well as any other carrier, they use "hubs" that all packages must go to. You might not be in a bad weather area but the hub your package is going to might.

UPS and FedEx both have notices they have had on their stie in the past week saying they are experiencing delays in certain areas. What can I say it happens, Mother Nature does not care about anyone's package being delivered, she gets in a mood and throws us some horrible weather on occasion! So if you are in need of products just don't wait till the last minute to order them, UPS, FedEx, and AG will do our best to get them to you as fast as possible. And remember we use FedEx and US Mail so if you prefer a different carrier just let us know. We will ship with the carrier you prefer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had great service with UPS. I would say perfect. FedEx has been a problem about 20% of the time. Just my experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast