autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mike Phillips

Re: FLEX in the house! FLEX Free Spinning 15mm XFE 7-15 150

Thanks Joe for chiming in with a great reply.

That's the way you do it. And I agree with you on the pad size. Nothing wrong with large pad for large flat surfaces but for thin panels small pads are much better.

So lets wait and see what the future holds.

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest complaint on using the new FLEX and this was a big one on Friday was Renny Doyle kept wanting to use it.So like good team mates do...we shared. Only one per team and our Charger did`nt need any paint correction just the gloss brought out.Quite the smooth machine that new FLEX.
    Side note: Bob Eichelberg was also on our team and did`nt ask to use it to do any polishing.Struck me odd as to his reasoning.

"Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Bob Eichelberg was also on our team and did`nt ask to use it to do any polishing.Struck me odd as to his reasoning.
    Maybe Bob has plenty of hours behind the machine and he wanted to let you guys who don't get some? I'm pretty sure Bob gets to use one whenever he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Maybe Bob has plenty of hours behind the machine and he wanted to let you guys who don't get some? I'm pretty sure Bob gets to use one whenever he wants.
    I was kidding.

Mike Phillips

My biggest complaint on using the new FLEX and this was a big one on Friday was Renny Doyle kept wanting to use it. So like good team mates do...we shared. Only one per team
    You're counting is off.

I had 14 of the new FLEX XFE 7 orbital polishers pulled for Friday and even took this picture and posted it the day before we filmed.

There are 13 polishers in that picture and I had two more that were not in the picture for a total of 15 polishers which would be 3 per car. So I'm not sure what you're talking about Tim.

And that's not small investment in tools. at $410.00 per polisher retail that's over $5000.00 in tools you're looking at.

and our Charger did`nt need any paint correction just the gloss brought out.
    Actually, all the cars needed some level of correction to become perfect including Kyle Tucker's Dodge Charger. While you couldn't see the swirls and scratches in the paint when you arrived and the cars were already UNDER the tent, I could see them because I DOCUMENTED the arrival and unloading of each of the cars.

In the house! Kyle Tucker's 1969 Dodge Charger MAYHEM! and his 1970 Chevelle!

Frame-up shot
    This is a called a frame-up shot, it's where I frame up the full picture of the car so when I crop out the focus point of this picture you can see where it was taken.

Focus point shot
    This was cropped out of the above shot...

Quite the smooth machine that new FLEX.
    Finally a positive comment Tim.

Side note: Bob Eichelberg was also on our team and did`nt ask to use it to do any polishing. Struck me odd as to his reasoning.
    That's REAL SIMPLE Tim... he wanted the rest of his team members to be able to not only use the tool but be filmed using the tool. As the President of FLEX North America he's more about letting others use the FLEX tools than about his own experience. Besides the engineers in Germany he's likely had access to this new tool more than anyone in the U.S. already.

A little feedback?

Thank you for being a part of the team Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

Were all of the new Flex polishers 100% trouble free out of the box, and throughout Detail Fest use?

Just curious as build quality and reliability are paramount when making an investment such as a high end polisher.

Many thanks,
    Scott

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Hi Mike,

Were all of the new Flex polishers 100% trouble free out of the box, and throughout Detail Fest use?

Just curious as build quality and reliability are paramount when making an investment such as a high end polisher.

Many thanks,
    Scott

Yes.

Not a single issue with any of the polishers we used for the Custom Car Builders Competition.

Yesterday while cleaning up and organizing all the tools after Detail Fest was over I took the time to also start preparing for my May Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class.

The people that sign-up for this class will be using all the tools talked about on this forum and used in the industry including this new tool.

At our classes, each "type" of tool and even "brand" of tool gets their own dedicated cars for the class to train on. So everyone attending the May class and the September class and all the future classes will get to use the FLEX XFE 7 Orbital Polishers used on the TV show in the class.

I have some pictures... I'll share them later...

Good question and thank you for asking.

Post Thanks / Like

I was kidding.
    Mike, I was trying to be funny on my post that was geared towards Bob and Renny.I should have chosen a different format to make jokes.My apologizes. All the team members wanted quality time using the new Flex in this unique and rare opportunity you afforded us. Yes all the cars in the competition needed some level of paint correction but in my opinion not to the degree that it would take the teams many hours to fix.These high dollars cars to a certain degree were not built with the intention of being driven often.Perhaps the light swirls and scratches were introduced getting them ready and maintaining them for the show circuit. Our team used the Pinnacle line of products which we have often used in the "Show Car Garage" on cars that needed a deeper level of correction.As you often say "Go with a product you like and use it often". The thin pads, light weight and free spinning features the machine offers made our work almost effortless.The new Flex is a tool one will like and be used often.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I was trying to be funny on my post that was geared towards Bob and Renny.I should have chosen a different format to make jokes.My apologizes. All the team members wanted quality time using the new Flex in this unique and rare opportunity you afforded us. Yes all the cars in the competition needed some level of paint correction but in my opinion not to the degree that it would take the teams many hours to fix.These high dollars cars to a certain degree were not built with the intention of being driven often.Perhaps the light swirls and scratches were introduced getting them ready and maintaining them for the show circuit. Our team used the Pinnacle line of products which we have often used in the "Show Car Garage" on cars that needed a deeper level of correction.As you often say "Go with a product you like and use it often". The thin pads, light weight and free spinning features the machine offers made our work almost effortless.The new Flex is a tool one will like and be used often.

Open Mouth, Insert Foot!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234