autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by brihy1 View Post
    Is it normal when the washer is put on the backing plate for the backing plate to rub on the shroud when in use?I mean it spins more freely than with the washer off but it still rubs?I have the G21.
    It's not supposed to be like that. I have the same experience. It just means that the washer doesn't have enough thickness... I think the washer itself is poor quality. It literally feels like paper thick...
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it normal when the washer is put on the backing plate for the backing plate to rub on the shroud when in use?I mean it spins more freely than with the washer off but it still rubs?I have the G21.
    Yes its normal i thought the same as you did.

Griots is aware of this and is looking into it so i heard.

It is not as thick as the kevin brown washer and does help rotation however it is not 100% free spindle

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the replies,thought maybe it was my machine or washer.Hopefully they come up with something.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the replies,thought maybe it was my machine or washer.Hopefully they come up with something.
    As Marc mentioned the washer is too thin for some users machines. I believe there is a slight variance between the rubber shroud gap between machines so some may experience it and others will not. If you want you can run to the hardware store and get a thicker washer for about $.10 or just call Griot's and they'll likely send you one. My test mule never came with a washer so I just picked up one myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few questions for groits(regarding my g21). Does anyone have a good email address for them? I emailed them on their info email and haven't heard from them in 5 days??

Post Thanks / Like

Find a post by Brownie from Griot's and send him a PM-- he has been excellent in responding quickly to my PMs.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Find a post by Brownie from Griot's and send him a PM-- he has been excellent in responding quickly to my PMs.
    Thanks Ski, i sent him a pm.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Emailed griots garage about it and they sent me another washer(free of charge),so i put 2 washers on backing plate and now spins freely.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Emailed griots garage about it and they sent me another washer(free of charge),so i put 2 washers on backing plate and now spins freely.
    Good idea why didn't I think of that ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griot's Garage View Post
    BOSS™ Buffing Pads are built to last and contain some of the finest components and construction on the market. There are however things which can contribute to shortened life of our and any other pads including:

Excessive downward pressure - THE BOSS can effectively remove most defects with the use of just light pressure and slow arm speed. This technique will ensure pads last several cars if not more. The Micro Fiber, White and Orange foam pads can withstand light to moderate pressure. The softer black and yellow foams do not require any downward pressure…only letting the tool weight maintain smoother operation.

Pad rotation - As pads take on product, they become heavier. In some cases, they can double in weight. This excessive weight, combined with the long-throw orbit, will reduce pad life. We’d recommend ideally rotating out pads for fresh ones after 1-3 panels. Internally, we typically use 4-5 per vehicle. This also manages heat build-up in the pads, which will also soften the foam and make them more prone to tearing. The foam we use is the finest in the business…there isn’t anything more durable.

Pad Maintenance - Frequently cleaning pads with the use of a nylon bristle pad brush, cotton towel or compressed air will knock out excess product managing pad weight. Make certain to clean the pad after each liquid cycle. Takes a second and contributes to effective correction and longer pad life

Pad Washing - Once complete, rinse pads thoroughly in warm or hot water to release most of the product emulsion. Spray with Micro Fiber and Foam Pad Cleaner, knead the pad to induce foaming and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry.

We have test pads that we've had since early development stages that show no signs of wear. They have hours and hours of use on them.

Please know the BOSS Pads are weight matched to THE BOSS. The use of thicker pads will inevitably weigh 8-10g more, contributing to vibration. Also, if you’re looking for a bullet-proof pad for moderate to heavy correction, check out the Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pad
    I just ordered a whole bunch of Boss pads to compare with the LC flat. I will provide an update in the coming weeks after I have enough experience to comment.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast