autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Got my 15mm BOSS today and worked on a couple sections of single stage repaint on an old GTI. The prep work and the quality of the paint job itself is a bit of a mess and there isn't a lot of hope for this car at this point and it isn't my project (luckily). Overall the three step process works nicely, has great working time, is forgiving and produced a nice result. The machine itself has a very nice feel to it, nice balance and plenty of power. Tomorrow I'm working on a new car so I'll try and take some before and after pics of a better example. Unfortunately it's white so it won't be as dramatic. I have an employee here with a blue metallic Jetta with horribly maintained paint. Might be a good car to section off and try some different products.

Question for the Griot's guys (I think)...

- Would you guys say that the Fast Correcting Creme is more similar to Megs 205 than 105? I did use your white pad and some Megs 105 on the GTI today and it reduced down nicely. I also used a Car Guys denim pad for some orange peel and got nice results. Just trying to figure out a hierarchy of the new BOSS cremes and where they sit compared to some of the old standbys.

Overall I'm very happy with G15 and like what I'm seeing so far. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

- jamie

Post Thanks / Like

We finally got to try out the G21 on this beautiful Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. The car is in the shop for maintenance, but they wanted a wash, vac and wax while it was here. We didn't attempt any correction yet, as the car was only here for a short while, but we were able to lay on Griot's Garage Poly Wax. The G21 BOSS was exactly what I expected it would be after reading about how much time and effort went in to building the tool. I was very happy with the comfort and the ease of use. Instead of repeating what everyone else has said about it, I'd say that it just feels...natural. It's well thought out and very much appreciated. I can't wait to spend more time with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lashedup View Post
    Got my 15mm BOSS today and worked on a couple sections of single stage repaint on an old GTI. The prep work and the quality of the paint job itself is a bit of a mess and there isn't a lot of hope for this car at this point and it isn't my project (luckily). Overall the three step process works nicely, has great working time, is forgiving and produced a nice result. The machine itself has a very nice feel to it, nice balance and plenty of power. Tomorrow I'm working on a new car so I'll try and take some before and after pics of a better example. Unfortunately it's white so it won't be as dramatic. I have an employee here with a blue metallic Jetta with horribly maintained paint. Might be a good car to section off and try some different products.

Question for the Griot's guys (I think)...

- Would you guys say that the Fast Correcting Creme is more similar to Megs 205 than 105? I did use your white pad and some Megs 105 on the GTI today and it reduced down nicely. I also used a Car Guys denim pad for some orange peel and got nice results. Just trying to figure out a hierarchy of the new BOSS cremes and where they sit compared to some of the old standbys.

Overall I'm very happy with G15 and like what I'm seeing so far. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

- jamie
    Hi Jamie,
    As you may know, I've got a few hours of using M105 and M205...both fantastic formulas! Contrary to BOSS Creams, M105 and M205 were formulated for use via a rotary. I recognize many have expanded their use via a orbital and had fantastic results. In my testing, the Perfecting Cream proved to cut similar to M205, but finishes out better with no micro-marring coming from the formula. The Fast Correcting Cream would be more on par with M105 when used for Random Orbital Polishing, but finish out much better with little to no micro-marring. Additionally, the formula was specifically made to pair with THE BOSS and exhibits little to no dusting depending on your climate and pad maintenance. Hope that answers your question. Thanks for your interest
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Hi Jamie,
    As you may know, I've got a few hours of using M105 and M205...both fantastic formulas! Contrary to BOSS Creams, M105 and M205 were formulated for use via a rotary. I recognize many have expanded their use via a orbital and had fantastic results. In my testing, the Perfecting Cream proved to cut similar to M205, but finishes out better with no micro-marring coming from the formula. The Fast Correcting Cream would be more on par with M105 when used for Random Orbital Polishing, but finish out much better with little to no micro-marring. Additionally, the formula was specifically made to pair with THE BOSS and exhibits little to no dusting depending on your climate and pad maintenance. Hope that answers your question. Thanks for your interest

One more for u. Which one would be close to the fg400. I got your correcting cream and it seems very compatible.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff, I really appreciate the reply and time. Good reference...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
    One more for u. Which one would be close to the fg400. I got your correcting cream and it seems very compatible.

Hey Bud,

Menzerna FG400 is some great stuff! In developing BOSS Creams, FG400 was used as a benchmark for Fast Correcting Cream. This means it had to perform as well or better, or it didn't cut the mustard.

So, I'd recommend you give Fast Correcting Cream a shot. I'd say it has longer working time, little to no dust at all and finishes out better. IMO.. Give it a shot and let us know what you think. Thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a mini-BOSS?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Any chance of a mini-BOSS?
    We're committed to developing solutions that deliver... Thanks for the suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    We're committed to developing solutions that deliver... Thanks for the suggestion

A mini BOSS would be awsome. I always like having tools of the same brand whenever possible. I'm sure 90% of the folks who bought a G21 or 15 would scoop up a mini in a heartbeat!

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast