autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Might be overkill for my current application. I will polish the car in a year time since its brand new. Don't want to take out too much clear coat since its still perfect at the moment. Looking forward to play with it !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Armval View Post
    Might be overkill for my current application. I will polish the car in a year time since its brand new. Don't want to take out too much clear coat since its still perfect at the moment. Looking forward to play with it !
    If you get a finishing polish, you can polish as much as you would like without having to worry about clear coat. It would take a very long time to polish through your clear with a finishing polish. Besides, how else are you going to remove those marring marks from claying? I'm giving you all kinds of excuses to run that polisher, and they're all valid.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought my original original 7424, that was really the only option out there. Less so when I picked up the XP, but still, the field was very slim. I've been in heaven being able to do some serious testing with a LHR 15ES and 3401 for the last several weeks. The Boss looks like another great solution and I have no doubt it will be just as good, if not better than the Rupes. I mean, seriously, what can you knock on it if you haven't tried it? Made in China? If a tool is a good tool with good support, that's all that matters, right?

So looking at it through that eye, I'm really happy to see more options out there today.

Still, I'm picking up the 3401 next as it's just better for my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the GG6 about 2 months ago and have yet to use it due to weather, work and just life. Debating on whether I should sell it off and just buy the BOSS. For all you pro's out there I have never used a polisher. Have always done things by hand so I'm wondering....

Do you think I should keep it or should I just take a leap of faith and purchase the BOSS? I'm assuming all the pads I've bought for the GG6 will no longer work with the BOSS.
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kecko View Post
    I bought the GG6 about 2 months ago and have yet to use it due to weather, work and just life. Debating on whether I should sell it off and just buy the BOSS. For all you pro's out there I have never used a polisher. Have always done things by hand so I'm wondering....

Do you think I should keep it or should I just take a leap of faith and purchase the BOSS? I'm assuming all the pads I've bought for the GG6 will no longer work with the BOSS.
    Why not try out the GG6 first?

That pads you have now will work on the BOSS too, as long as it's equipped with the same size backing plate. G15 comes with a 5" plate and G21 comes with a 6" plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the GG6 about 2 months ago and have yet to use it ...
    Do you think I should keep it
    Yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Why not try out the GG6 first?

That pads you have now will work on the BOSS too, as long as it's equipped with the same size backing plate. G15 comes with a 5" plate and G21 comes with a 6" plate.
    Honestly it comes down to being new technology and from your review, which I enjoyed btw, it looks like it will be a very nice machine. The other reviews are positive as well. I like the upgrades I see on this machine, even if there is some imitation going on. If I sell the GG6 now it is new and I can just get my money back. If I use it then it will be worth less and then I am paying more for the BOSS later on. If the BOSS is user friendly for newbs, which it sounds like it could be then I'd have no issues with purchasing it.

That is for the most part the main question I have, one which you could likely answer for me. Will the BOSS be practical for a person new to machine polishing?
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

Rasky- when that scale comes in, just weigh em and throw some pics up to put it to rest. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

keep it, it can do what the other DA's can do even if it takes a little more time. everyone should own at least one traditional PC style DA and the GG6 (versatile with different BP and pads) is certainly at the top in that regard. you can always upgrade later...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you should keep it. You can equip it with a 3.5" backing plate and 4" pads for doing tight/small areas like bumpers etc (you will find you need something smaller for these areas) and use it with the 5 or 6" backing plate for applying LSPs.

I plan to get a Boss (not sure which yet) and keep my GG DA -- you won't be sorry if you keep it but if you send it back and buy a Boss you most likely will be looking for a conventional DA once you do an entire car.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast