autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: detail doctor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: detail doctor

In the grand scheme of things I think it would be worthwhile to get an first hand account of a product that piques your interests. You would be doing the forum a good service by your honest review.
    I look forward to your post and threads brother detailer, regardless of the subject. I also value your opinion. However, from my point of view, I see no disrespect or rudeness from the other posters on this thread. Everybody has their own style of communicating.
    As a matter of fact, and not of opinion, what inyadreems posted below is a fact and a matter of record for some marketers. I personally feel that he posted the info out of concern for a fellow AGO member.

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    I saw that commercial too. Sounds like "wipe new" to me. If you purchase it just make sure your credit card doesn't get charged for stuff you didn't order or monthly for some BS reason. These
    infomercials are known for that.
    It's raining here now, so my day is burnt...guess I'll head out to the shed and put up the Christmas tree today. Maybe she'll get off of my back now
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    come on, can one product really clean oxidation off a headlight lens and the same product clean and restore leather?? Does that even make sense?

Those are just but two of the claims.

Common sense would say that this is just another piece of bullsh*t...

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, calm down fellers! There's crappy expensive products, and good cheap products, but I think Flash nailed it...the likelihood of a good product being sold on an infomercial is pretty slim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasnew View Post
    first , no I would not buy it and would not take it if it was free, honestly. second, 99% of the members on this site (as you probably already know) are so into the meguiars, pinnacle, wolfgang, menzerna, collinite, etc.... that they wont even listen to people, and down right laugh at people, who bring up other brand names. basically, for the most part, if its not sold on Autogeek, they think it belongs at walmart or worse. truly, the word GEEK often applies. that being said, I love you all!!!

and by the way......that "put it on once a year" part is the biggest scam ever. kind of like those orange bottles of "once a year wax".........yeah........not happening.
    I buy plenty of brands that are not sold at autogeek that are high quality and I don't think that belong at Walmart. Just because people have tried products you like and think they are crap doesn't mean that they are house brand wh*res.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    people do not laugh or put down other people here. you havent even been here 1 month to to even know that yet. people who are here seek ways to get things done to keep their vehicles clean. i've used meguires, pinnacle and collinite and to be honest, i dont care for them and i'll be damned if im going to sit here at my computer and watch you and others put me down cause i like what i use which is cheaper and works just as good if not better for my application, in my opinion. what i posted was simply seeking product reviews and that goes for every product here including "walmart or worse." EVERYTHING gets reviewed here to make people more knowledgeable, it doesnt make them any less of a detailer just so long as a person uses whatever needed to get the job done. it doesn't mean its the best product but it still gets stuff done.
    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was only trying to save you some money and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Whoa, calm down fellers! There's crappy expensive products, and good cheap products, but I think Flash nailed it...the likelihood of a good product being sold on an infomercial is pretty slim.
    Thanks!
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

i am perfectly fine with everybodys negative feedback and opinions on cheap products that save a buck and claim to do stuff. my outlook is to find products that are good and bad by doing trial and error and to pass my research on. i haven't been doing it lately cause i been out of work for 15mo so i have no money at the moment. its the same with dieting some supplements work, some do not and not all people are going to agree with what one uses to get the job done. it was the comment of "goodasnew" with the jeep avatar on pg2 of this thread. i dont need to be putting up with comments like that. as i said before, this is a detail forum where ALL products are reviewed whether they're sold here or not. nobody puts each other down here, not for the few years i been here vs the less than 1 month that he's been here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad.... I bought the Sham Wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a Wipe New vs Detail Doctor well documented comparison? A sort of myth busters for exterior trim products lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to stay out of this.

BUT, for 14.95, the microfibers, detail brush, and applicator might be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

it would be a good comparison just for the hell of it, but for $20+ dollars for a couple oz vs $15 for 8 plus tools, that would be more worth it when i do get back to work. i did the same thing with armorall and forumla 2001, mothers and meguires, black magic and nano, and you get the picture. i am a very blunt and truthful person so whatever i put out there as a review/testimonial, i would say with all honesty and say go try it. i've had 2 antique triple black show winners so i know what its like to detail something special as well as my 12y/o daily driver that looks only 3y/o.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast