autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: turtle wax " black box "

Quote Originally Posted by rs2k2k2 View Post
    pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle wax?--wrong forum

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talkin about Color Magic? Its in a black bottle and it stained my shirt lol. I dont use it anymore, however it does do a great job on a crap black front bumper with lots of white pits lol

Post Thanks / Like

Goes on easy

After

After II

It's just cleaner wax, quick detailer and carnuba with some synthetic properties. The vehicle I did this on was a mess (Swirls/fine scratches) and this did an AWESOME job to temporarily fill them in. Mind you, the results were gone within 2 weeks because of all of this pollen, but I was impressed.

My only complaint is that it's a PITA to remove if you let it dry to the surface. When I have a bit more time, I may try applying it with my PC or rotary...

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone say GLAZE with FILLERS - It's all desinged to hide the swirls not correct the paint. Let's Face it Black is difficult to make flawless and just like a middleaged woman with the right makeup in dim lighting anything can be made to look better with a little "COVER UP". So that being said just realize this is not a miracle cure for anything!

Post Thanks / Like

I got laughed at for trying it. But I have to say it works. Don't overapply it or you'll spend an hour removing the residue.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it leave streaks? If you like it, that's great....I gave up on Turtle Wax a long time ago. The last was the "fake" Zymol I bought at Wally-World. never had a clue it was made by turtle Wax! No wonder why I wasn't impressed and gave it away. Turtle wax products were always a ##### to remove!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used Turtle Wax's BlackBox products this morning on my wife's 2003 Nissan Altima's (affectionately named the "mommy" mobile) neglected black finish. I must say that it does work. There were several scratches all over the trunk area of her car as if a cat(s) had been walking across daily. The scratches varied in length and depth, many of them revealing the white or primer? underneath. A proper application of the products significantly minimized the visibility of the damage. Many seemed almost invisible. We were both impressed. Will it last? Only time will tell as this is the first time that I've used it.

Just so you know as a benchmark, I also have a black 1997 Mercedes SL500 and a black 1987 Porsche 944 S. Both of these vehicles I keep in as best condition as possible. Both vehicles are Dawn washed, claybarred, Zaino'ed with several coats of Z2 and accelerator twice a year (Spring & Fall). Frequent maintenance in between consist of car wash soap and a carnuba layer of P21S to give the protection the appearance of "depth and wet" in addition to the shine.

My wife prefers to have nature do the washing of her car and considers rain as a sufficient cleaning.

To impress me takes alot since I have tried most all of the products claiming to give that showroom shine. But a rescue of the mommy mobile's finish sold me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dupli-color the company that makes touch up paint use to make colored wax in the 1950s.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, guys.
    Today I received my Turtle Wax Black Box but during shipping the spray detailer was broken and all liquid was run out.
    So what I want to know is do I have to buy another spray detailer or it's not so important and I can manage without it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast