autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some honest opinions from the pros! :)

IMO:
    The focus shouldn't only be on the
    vehicle's exterior's care/maintenance.

How about the products/processes/etc.
    for your C.E.'s interior appointments?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karson1 View Post
    Wow, thanks Looks So New!!! She is a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport Collectors Edition. The 5k miles will be a 20 miles commute to and from work once in a while and pleasure drives. It will never see rain or snow at all, just nice days. I figure a good fall and spring maintenance will be adequate unless you advise differently, other than washes (by hand of course). I like the nano concept a ton, but should I be scared to apply and screw it up, or no? What product do you use for this? Do you get a deep wet look from the coating?

Thanks for your help!!
    This is my garage queen. Bought it in April 2012. It has 9,780 miles on it. Caught in the Florida rain once, and other than the initial wash when I brought it home from the dealership it has only been fully washed one time since 04/2012. It is garage kept and only sees sunny days.

I've used numerous different waxes and sealants over the past four years or so. Here's two of them.

Also, I will say this, I bought BL Synergy on a sale last year and had a really bad experience with it and I'll leave it at that. If you want the details feel free to pm me.

Longevity is not an issue with any of your potential products if you're only driving it occaisionally. My ride never sees enough elements to degrade the products. So Fuzion, which is just an amazing product would potentially last indefinitely on a garage queen.

This is Wolfgang Fuzion a couple years ago:
    PS this pic won me Detailing Day Contest 2014

This is current, Polish Angel Cosmic available at AG's sister site Autopia.com

Metallic Flake City!!!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the awesome input guys!!! Tough decision I have here, I will have to keep you all posted. As for the interior, I already have great products for that, so no worries. Clay bar for sure. It is intriguing to me about the Pinnacle Black Synergy since its wax and ceramic in one, I gotta be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks Looks So New!!! She is a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport Collectors Edition. The 5k miles will be a 20 miles commute to and from work once in a while and pleasure drives. It will never see rain or snow at all, just nice days. I figure a good fall and spring maintenance will be adequate unless you advise differently, other than washes (by hand of course). I like the nano concept a ton, but should I be scared to apply and screw it up, or no? What product do you use for this? Do you get a deep wet look from the coating?

Thanks for your help!!
    Your yearly insurance will cost more than both my junkmobiles put together.

In your case, and if you "think" you might not know what you're doing, take it to a pro. At minimum, get it coated.

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 or Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

"The plumber usually has the leakiest pipes" I've never heard that 1 before, but that's pretty funny. Lol.

Hey it looks like you can put a padlock on that wooden case that holds the Wolfgang Fusion? Pretty cool, there's some dude who got his stash of car wash jacked by his sisters for some fundraiser in another post... He could've used a similar case to lock his gallons of car wash. Lol.

As far as that picture of the interior that Bob posted, what the heck are we looking at there? What exact kind[s] of material is that? Looks sick!

As for the interior, I already have great products for that, so no worries.
    I'm really curious as to which products you've firmly decided on using to protect that interior from day 1. If you don't mind me asking..

Post Thanks / Like

Synergy is just an amazing wax. It sheds water mike crazy, lasts a crazy long time and protects hardcore. Only downside is the price but I think it's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be taking delivery of my new baby......pssst, its a car. She will be dark gray metallic. My problem is there is tooooooo many products. Ceramic coatings, wax, sealants, the list goes on. Longevity isn't an issue since it will only see 5,000 miles per year, on a good year. My main goal is to make the metallic "POP", and have the sickest deep, wet look ever.........thoughts?? Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!!
    You are going to get a ton of opinions. Back in the spring I did a charcoal grey Porsche. After the final polish I applied the Blackfire Hybrid Montan wax. The owner does rinseless washes with the Wolfgang rinseless solution I provided him and it looks awesome still.

Here's a link to the wax: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    You are going to get a ton of opinions. Back in the spring I did a charcoal grey Porsche. After the final polish I applied the Blackfire Hybrid Montan wax. The owner does rinseless washes with the Wolfgang rinseless solution I provided him and it looks awesome still.

Here's a link to the wax: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax
    Agree it's good stuff.klasse and hi temp 1000 finishcare is a nice combo.hi temp is a sealant and wax in one for 17.99.The klasse will give you the depth and protection,and the hi temp will protect the klasse and Give it more of a amped up look.for the wheels gtech wheel armour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12