autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

The PROBLEM SOLVER! - NEW! McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag - Review with lots of pictures!

The PROBLEM SOLVER! - NEW! McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag - Review with lots of pictures!

I'd call this... the problem solver!

The problem? how to store your products when you're travelling to a job site, taking your tools, pads and products with you or even storing them at you house or shop so everything is in one place, clean and ready to go at the drop of a hat.

This storage tote has 14 storage pockets to secure items so they don't get lost or fall over and enough storage space on the inside to pack your favorite tool or tools plus pads and the all important clean, microfiber towels.

McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag

Pocket count

Let's take inventory of the number of pockets and their location

Here's the first two pockets that are located on one end of the back. They are mesh pockets so you can easily identify what the products are without removing them. The top band is bungee to keep them secure. They are large enough to hold industry standard 16 ounce bottles.

Opposite side - 2 more mesh pockets like shared above.

Front of bag - 3 spacious pockets with velcro closing flaps

Dedicated pockets for specialty tools

When I travel to local car shows, I pack two of these bags, one just for tools and one for everything else, (when I travel to long distance locations, I pack 3-6 of these bags) .

In the front pockets I keep things like microfiber applicator pads so they're clean and ready to go. Often times I demonstrate how to remove swirls and scratches by hand and when working by hand you always start out with FIBER pads because fibers are type of abrasive. (you finish out with foam when working by hand because soft foam is not an abrasive).

I like to have the tire swipes and metal polishing finger pockets with me for all types of detailing tasks...

Soft gold finger pockets for doing show car work by hand...

There's a mesh zipper pocket across the top that works great for thin masking and vinyl tape or packets of sandpaper sanding discs.

Brushes - You always need brushes and the front pockets are wide enough for most standard brushes.

Besides detailing brushes I always pack a foam pad cleaning brush...

And steel spur for cleaning wool pads....

Nitrile Gloves - Don't leave home without them....

Storage PLUS organization
    From my experience, most detailers by their very nature have a need for organization.

Now let's take a look inside....

Surprise! - More pockets!

There's an inside pocket perfect for the most important pad at the end of the job... the machine waxing pad!

Keep it clean and keep it protected because the last machine step for me at least is machine applying a wax or sealant for a true show car finish.

Then there's 5 small bungee straps for small items

I always need Sharpie Markers and ink pens for taking down information and of course a Swirl Finder Light is not only great for inspecting paint for swirls but also as a conversation starter when talking to potential customers.

Now let's dive deeper inside...

Tools like the FLEX XFE7 cost around $400.00

That's the norm for high end tools. You certainly don't want them banging around in the back of the trunk or in the bed of your truck. The McKee's Professional Detailing Bag is large enough to fit up to 6 tools this size if have the muscle to pick up a bag this heavy and carry it.

BOOM! - Everything I need to buff out a car stored neat as a pin

More pockets - there's two more pockets on one side of the inside end of the back that are large enough to hold 16 ounce bottles and even quarts...

Plenty of room for your buffing pads and more of the normal products like tire dressings needed for a proper detail job

And don't forget...

Microfiber towels and other items like paste waxes and detailing clay...

The bag come with strong carry straps with a tough velcro handle that keeps the two straps together....

Shoulder Strap

Of if you have to pack in a couple of miles to a do a live buff out at a car show or car auction there's a shoulder strap to transfer all the weight to your upper body freeing up your hands for other bags or a bottle of water while you're hiking in to the work location.

No spill, safe storage

When travelling, place the bag in the trunk of your car or the bed of your truck and feel secure that you know all your quality tools, towels, pads and products are safe, clean and not spilling all over the place while you're travelling.

Besides holding your world in one place, it looks professional too...

Like it or not, people judge you by appearances... both you and your stuff. Make a great first impression by looking the part i.e. looking professional.

If you have more than one polisher, get two of these bags and like a Boy Scout - always be prepared...

On Autogeek.com

McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag

Mike Phillips

Re: The PROBLEM SOLVER! - NEW! McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag - Review with lots of pictures!

***Update***

This product is now on the What's New page on the AG store.

Makes a great gift for the detailer in your life...

(or the person that washes and waxes your car)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The PROBLEM SOLVER! - NEW! McKee's Professional Detailer's Bag - Review with lots of pictures!

That is a very nice bag! I want one!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sweet bag!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Now my wish list just got a little bigger.

Walter

2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question. The McKee's detailer bag looks very similar to the BlackFire professional detail bag. Are they the same? I ask because I already own several bags, so I'm trying to determine if this one offers any functional benefit over, say, the big BlackFire bag or the big Griot's Garage bag. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Like the low price and versitility.

I use my current bags to move stuff inside and out in the winter to keep my productss from freezing (in Canada).
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Another excellent review Mike!

Nice bag!

Post Thanks / Like

I want one as well,but I can't throw a Nickle in my transit.its full of products.Thinking of ditching the van and getting something else.maybe a new ford utility box truck diesel again.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    It looks like someone put a lot of thought into this. Next order it is mine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast