autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GYEON Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GYEON Car Care

Gotta admit, I'm extremely interested in they're "View" and "Antifog" products, while I don't mind the rest of the car having a little bit of dirt and grime once in awhile, I absolutely insist on my windshield being crystal clear lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Good stuff!!!

Very user friendly !
    Ronkh57,
    Have you by chance tried the Coating? I watched a vid, the process and Suede MF Sheets and Foam Pad Block look basically identical to a CQuartz Application.

Differences, which perhaps you can further comment on perhaps, would/could be ease of application, and in what ways? Possible greater temperature latitude from ideal for application, a larger time frame for final wipe possibly?

I know you've been critical of Carpro in the past, seems that your dislikes were mostly aimed at Reload, and customer service. Don't recall you having problems with CQuartz though.

I didn't at all like that fubarred "new and improved" Reload from a couple years back, and got stuck returning an entire Liter on my dime to AG. That sucked. The new one I now have IMO is not the equal of the Reload of old, they should've never toyed with the original formulation IMO.

I've only ever used Cquartz once (UK edition) and with my first try with it, got flawless results except for one little 1"x1" area on the roof of the Tahoe, which was my fault, where I seen a little bit of a high spot that was not addressed by me with a follow-up final wipe, and somehow either over-applied there, didn't smooth, or possibly slightly smudged that area.

Wasn't worried about it much, because you would've had to been "Wilt The Stilt" to see it, and concluded it was there, it's protecting, just not my best effort in that little smidgen of a spot, and again, not the product's fault.

Brutal for any high SUV, or 4x4 Pickup where you really need a professional Scaffold to work those upper areas. Up and down off a 4' ladder for hours on end to clean, polish, prep, weedle off all the polish residues to come away with a perfect prep before coating was utter torture.

Otherwise, the CQ UK went onto the paint like a sponge absorbing water in my case, perfect, and I wouldn't exactly say I was under ideal conditions when I applied. High-ish humidity had me worried that day, also tired, and thumbing my nose at the rain Gods I recall.

New Mexico weather is very unpredictable, sad I do not have a garage since I've lived here. One of the reasons I cannot see any logic to grab one of those "pretties" like you have in your avatar (Stingray) Had one once, a '67, and it did drive me insane over worry, and OCD.

OCD like. "The Land of Tumbling Tumbleweeds" at times. Wanna get sick, just witness something like a 4' diameter tumbleweed ball, akin to like a ball of barb wire dash and bounce across the road at 35mph, and slam into the side of that gorgeous vette you have. Even my daily junker which is worth less than your monthly Ins payment on the vette still makes me ill to have happen. And I had it happen once coming back from Alb some years ago, a "tumbleweed storm with 100's of thousands of them, some 1/2 the size of a small car. And yep, one got me at 65mph, and it was doing 45mph, bang! It exploded.

Or, spend 2-3 days detailing, and watch the rains, or a dust storm come, and within 5 hours look like you haven't done a thing to the vehicle in 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark. Trust me. Try it. You'll understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I will offer some advice for wiping off, only let it sit until you just start to see it change to the rainbow effect. Not the minutes it says in the instructions. Directly from Gyeon I was told it only needs 15-20 seconds to bond. Any high spots and you redo the whole panel.

Post Thanks / Like

i got wet coat a few weeks ago from the jungle to try out. it's good stuff.

i also picked up bathe+ just to try as well but i don't see it being useful for me long term. doesn't really fit in my program.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I will offer some advice for wiping off, only let it sit until you just start to see it change to the rainbow effect. Not the minutes it says in the instructions. Directly from Gyeon I was told it only needs 15-20 seconds to bond. Any high spots and you redo the whole panel.
    Definitely agree with that.

I used Mohs on my car last month. It looks beautiful. However, on one section of my hood, I waited about 30 seconds as I had to get a new mf towel by walking across the garage. Couldn't have been more than 30 seconds of a delay and I couldn't buff out a high spot. Had to polish and reapply. Turned out fine, but it flashes fast!

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Coated the Benz today,went to ag this morning to get it.Picked the wrong day to do it.It had to be 100 degrees in my garage and wicked humidity,although today was the only day to do it .Everything went great had to put a little muscle behind it for removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Coated the Benz today,went to ag this morning to get it.Picked the wrong day to do it.It had to be 100 degrees in my garage and wicked humidity,although today was the only day to do it .Everything went great had to put a little muscle behind it for removal.
    Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Pics?
    It's curing in the garage.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast