autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 360 Now Available In a GALLON

I live in Lancaster, SC. And, honestly, if I found someone who would know how to do the job properly, and treat it with the respect that black demands, I'd rather pay someone. At least the first time.

All I can really find are local mobile detailers, who all seem to just be carwash stations on wheels. Some of them may be the cat's meow, but it's the equivalent of me going around detailing with a trailer and my truck. I used to 'detail' vehicles when I was in high school. Which was nothing more than washing with dirty water and a rag, shining the tires, vacuuming and armor alling. I didn't know any better. But I did a decent job.

Anyway, without hearing first hand experience on someone like this on a real polish job, I would be dubious. Lancaster, SC 29720. Fairly close to Rockhill SC and Monroe NC.

I tend to like doing stuff myself anyway, but right now I just don't have time. My wife and I have our first newborn daughter, and I have a fixer upper house that I need to finish getting ready to put on the market. I work at a lumber company and now is our bus season. I'm sure most of you know the ol' song and dance. McKee's 37 360 Now Available In a GALLON
    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Alright bud, I'm going to knock down your "excuses" for delay:

As of today, I have a 1 year old.
    Just sold our old home, and moved into our new one.
    I work 50+ hours a week.

The wife's car took about 5 hours to wash, clay, decon with iron-x, and polish with 360 and my PC. The truck will have more surface area, but it's mostly flat, and easy to access (except the roof and the top back of the hood. It wasn't hard. After nearly a week of daily rain, with construction dust and pollen thrown in for good fun, it's still beading like mad. Honestly, when the polisher was running it was a nice departure from all the stresses in my life, kind of like mowing the lawn.

You can do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I can. That just means I'll have to devote yet another Saturday to not making progress on the house. Then I might have to send it back to Ford . Lol

I still have hardwood floors to re finish, two bathroom remodels to tackle, paint in almost every room and drywall cracks, laminate flooring in one room, and tile in the kitchen. I'm doing the roof this weekend. The time line is about a year on that though, Lord willing. I've thought about tackling it on afternoons, a panel or two at a time, but we have just begun spring practice at the high school (volunteer coach). I don't think we will practice on Fridays though.

I also thought about getting up super early and doing it by lights before work. I'm afraid that would turn out badly though.
    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the new Mckees 360 be used on plastic trim or will it leave residue?
    Thanks,
    Chip

Post Thanks / Like

It hasn't left a residue on the applications that I've used it, but with anything test a spot.

Post Thanks / Like

It didn't leave anything on the trim on my wife's Nissan Rogue, so I got lazy with the tape on my truck. It has some white marks on the plastic trim around the door handles that I need to clean up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12