autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

McKee’s RV Liquid Chrome Metal Polish

From the product page

Directions:
    1. Shake well.
    2. Ensure surface is cool to the touch.
    3. Apply directly to microfiber or terrycloth applicator pad.
    4. Thoroughly work polish until a brilliant shine is created.
    5. Add more polish as needed.
    6. When desired shine is achieved, buff to a mirror finish using a soft microfiber towel.
    7. Apply with a wool pad on a rotary polisher for severely weathered finishes.

Tip: Apply a coat of McKee's RV Carnauba Sealant Wax to create an even greater shine!

I have to say first off that I have used a bunch of different style and branded metal polishes. Today I got to use it on some chrome and aluminum. Before I say it is GREAT I will have to try it on something I have polished before to compare (My Formula's wheels and intake plenum) but as far as the job it did on this 11yo trailers metal SO FAR!!! WOW.

I did this all by hand, MF applicator to apply and MF towel to buff.

First up is the side trim in the back of the trailer. It was some sort of chrome, felt different than real chrome but it was shiny compared to some of the other trim on it that was obviously aluminum.

Top is done bottom I left for a 50/50 shot

Next up was the aluminum trim around the wheel wells. I used the McKee’s RV Aluminum & Metal Restoring Spray first just to see how well it would work. Im not sure that I like how it works but it does brighten the metal SOME, IMO it causes alot of streaks and I rarely ever let it dwell for the recommended 2 min. ANY WAY the before pic is after "cleaning"

Most of these streaks were there already but the spray made them more pronounced.

After. Let me tell you, this polish pulled up ALOT of black from the metal. My applicator was trashed after just this wheel well. But it made a very big dent in the condition. Again, by hand only no machines.

Its not 100% but I would say easily 80%

I will for sure put a coat of their sealant wax on all metal for the maximum protection for the customer.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Re: McKee’s RV Liquid Chrome Metal Polish

71 views with no comments?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

McKee's 37 Product Support Nick@McKees37's Avatar

Great review!

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Next up was the aluminum trim around the wheel wells. I used the McKee’s RV Aluminum & Metal Restoring Spray first just to see how well it would work. Im not sure that I like how it works but it does brighten the metal SOME, IMO it causes alot of streaks and I rarely ever let it dwell for the recommended 2 min. ANY WAY the before pic is after "cleaning"
    Aluminum & Metal Restoring Spray takes a few applications to get the hang of. It really excels when used on highly polished wheels that have been neglected. It eats through the top layer of oxidation which saves you a lot of time and effort on the polishing step.

can you elaborate some Nick? Every time I use it even spraying from the bottom up it seems to streak. I tried it on diamond plate the other day and it streaked like MAD. I hope it polishes out with the McKees metal polish.