autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McKee’s 37 Anti-Frost Windshield Washer Fluid

im not sure i understand the directions, am i supposed to mix it part for part with water or windshield washer fluid? it says its enough for a bunch of gallons but then it says to mix the whole quart into your existing fluid. i dont understand what im supposed to do? could someone please clarify for me? how much am i supposed to use. i prob have 3/4 of a tank of whatever fluid is in thier now.

Re: McKee’s 37 Anti-Frost Windshield Washer Fluid

there's a chart telling you 1 part water to 1 part fluid ect.... but there's no directions beyond that. it doesnt tell you how much you should pour into you reservoir? it doesnt tell you anything about adding it to your current washer fluid either???

PM or Email Nick. He's the McKee's person to contact.

Nick@McKees37.com

McKee's 37 Product Expert Here!
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

I added it to my blue juice at the lowest dilution on the bottle. So far, I've seen temps in the single digits and it has worked well!

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I added it to my blue juice at the lowest dilution on the bottle. So far, I've seen temps in the single digits and it has worked well!
    what do you mean though by lowest delusion possible? i understand it says 1 part water to 1 part solution but it doesnt say how much you need to make. is it a tablespoon of water to a tablespoon of solution? or a quart of water to a quart of solution? and do you then mix whatever that is to the washer fluid you already have? the directions are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    PM or Email Nick. He's the McKee's person to contact.

Nick@McKees37.com

McKee's 37 Product Expert Here!
    thanks

McKee's 37 Product Support Nick@McKees37's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    im not sure i understand the directions, am i supposed to mix it part for part with water or windshield washer fluid? it says its enough for a bunch of gallons but then it says to mix the whole quart into your existing fluid. i dont understand what im supposed to do? could someone please clarify for me? how much am i supposed to use. i prob have 3/4 of a tank of whatever fluid is in thier now.
    All great questions.

You can mix it with water OR your existing windshield washer fluid.

The dilution ratio is based on the temperature of the climate you live in. 99% of the population that uses this product will follow "1 part Anti-Frost to 3 parts water" for temperatures greater than 15 degrees Fahrenheit. If it's 30 or 40 degrees outside, you can cut that in half (1 part concentrate to 6 parts water). If it's 70 or 80 degrees outside, you can dilute it even further, and so forth.

Keep us updated on how the product performs.

I am using it now mixed up to the 1:2 ratio (although it has not been a cold winter yet). It does a GREAT job cleaning. No streaks, glass is very clear. I haven't had any frost yet to test it on.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    what do you mean though by lowest delusion possible? i understand it says 1 part water to 1 part solution but it doesnt say how much you need to make. is it a tablespoon of water to a tablespoon of solution? or a quart of water to a quart of solution? and do you then mix whatever that is to the washer fluid you already have? the directions are terrible
    My reservoirs both hold one gallon. I bought two bottles. One in each. We're getting freezing rain right now and it melted it right off.

Based on what I've seen so far, I may try using 1/2 bottle in each vehicle next time. It's working very well. I find myself hitting the button to clean the windshield much less often in bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    My reservoirs both hold one gallon. I bought two bottles. One in each. We're getting freezing rain right now and it melted it right off.

Based on what I've seen so far, I may try using 1/2 bottle in each vehicle next time. It's working very well. I find myself hitting the button to clean the windshield much less often in bad weather.
    ok i get that,,, but on the bottle it says the "one bottle makes several gallons of the best washer fluid". the way you are doing it you only get one or two gallons per bottle. i feel like something is missing on the directions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast