autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: mckee's paint coating

Re: mckee's paint coating

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Fest View Post
    Anyone have issues with the product leaking around the base of the bump? When I pump the bottle to dispense product, it comes out of the hole as it should and around the base of the pump. I'm wasting a lot of product. Ideas???
    Sounds like a fluke bad bottle. I actually have an empty one as I tend to save all my old bottles in case a sprayer, etc. fails. Are you by chance in central ohio? If so, PM Me. Heading down to Cinci on business in the coming weeks too. Happy to give you an old empty.
    Brilliant Black B8.5/// Audi S4 | APR Stage 2+ | 11.752 @115mph /// Midnight Black Metallic Hyundai Entourage

Thank you for the offer! However, I'm in Kansas City

Another McKee's 37 Coated Beauty

Heisenberg and RippyD like this.
    Brilliant Black B8.5/// Audi S4 | APR Stage 2+ | 11.752 @115mph /// Midnight Black Metallic Hyundai Entourage

I am doing my first Mckee's 37 paint coating this weekend. I have used PBL in the past. I prefer to transfer the coating to a clear see-through spray mist bottle of my choice prior to starting. I'm a bit anal and only like spray bottles I can see into....so I plat to transfer to a PET clear bottle. Is this OK? The air it will be exposed to won't activate the product, will it?

I do this with Wolfgang Liquid Seal without any issues. Works great.
    Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I am doing my first Mckee's 37 paint coating this weekend. I have used PBL in the past. I prefer to transfer the coating to a clear see-through spray mist bottle of my choice prior to starting. I'm a bit anal and only like spray bottles I can see into....so I plat to transfer to a PET clear bottle. Is this OK? The air it will be exposed to won't activate the product, will it?

I do this with Wolfgang Liquid Seal without any issues. Works great.
    Thanks to anyone who can advise.
    should be perfectly fine. I transfer mine into small clear very fine mist bottles we use for optical solution as I like to gauge/measure how much I'm using.
    glfnaz likes this.

Thanks pdqgp. That's helpful and that's the same reason I do this as well. Which ones do you use? I use the 2.5 oz and 4 oz units from Carpro usa. On the 4 oz bottle, I always ask Corey to ship me bottles in PET instead of HDPE and somehow / someway he always does.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Thanks pdqgp. That's helpful and that's the same reason I do this as well. Which ones do you use? I use the 2.5 oz and 4 oz units from Carpro usa. On the 4 oz bottle, I always ask Corey to ship me bottles in PET instead of HDPE and somehow / someway he always does.
    The ones I get from work are 1oz each.
    glfnaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    Great question! Avoid water for 24 hours; avoid washing the vehicle for 1 week.
    Enjoy!
    What is the downside of being exposed to water before then? I live in a coastal area and park the car outside. Every night, the exterior of the cars get dew build up beginning about 8pm. To get a cool enough low sun environment for applying the coating requires me to finish the coating application at around 6pm, which means less than 2 hours passes before water begins to bed up all over the car.

I applied all 4 of the McKee's 37 coatings (paint, glass, wheel and tire), and am wondering if there will be any reduction in performance for them given the context/environment of how I applied them.

Quote Originally Posted by grayone View Post
    What is the downside of being exposed to water before then? I live in a coastal area and park the car outside. Every night, the exterior of the cars get dew build up beginning about 8pm. To get a cool enough low sun environment for applying the coating requires me to finish the coating application at around 6pm, which means less than 2 hours passes before water begins to bed up all over the car.

I applied all 4 of the McKee's 37 coatings (paint, glass, wheel and tire), and am wondering if there will be any reduction in performance for them given the context/environment of how I applied them.
    Probably! Your durability might suffer a tad, but you won't find the coating on the ground anytime soon.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678