autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New guy signing in.

Hello all, My name is Bruce and I reside in CA, to be more precise the Bay Area. I just recently purchased a new 2012 Nissan Sentra SR Special Edition. It has nice pearl white paint, which has always been my favorite car color. Actually it's funny because everyone in my family always tries to get white as their first choice of exterior color. Anyway since I plan on keeping this car for quite a while and the paint is so nice I wanted to find something above average to protect it. After searching the internet for a while I zeroed in on Auto Geek's. This seemed to be the best forum for me. I like the way this whole site is laid out. So I guess I'll ask my first question, I have already ordered some Klassse AIO, what are the pros and cons of putting either a liquid spray wax with carnuba on it as opposed to putting something like Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax (which I'm thinking about using) on it? I'll appreciate any replies and look forward to adding to this forum any way I can while learning as much as I can also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New guy signing in.

I definitely think you should put something over it. KAIO's twin, KHGSG, looks really good on light colored paint IMHO. It is a bit finicky but gives a nice candy-coated look. It also has great durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for something that's easily applied, I will be doing this by hand and don't have alot of experience with different waxes, especially all these new waxes. Also I don't want to spend too much. Do you have any opinion about the Meguiars UQW? Or maybe some other spray wax or liquid wax. I want to stay away from paste. I'd really like to find a spray wax that would give me a wet look.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!
    If you want something thats very durable I would look into Collinite 845. The thing about spray was is they don't last that long. Spray wax are meant for well maintained cars and weekly touch up.

Before applying wax, make sure the surface is free from contaminate. The cleaner the surface is the better the sealant/wax will bond to the paint.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

If you want easy & good looking with some durability, you cannot beat Opti-Seal (IMHO). The initial outlay is a little high but your $25 will do 30-40 cars or applications.

Never used Megs UQW so no opinion. Sorry.