autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally chiming in from MN

Hey Gang

I've been reading on these forums quite a bit for a few months now, and thought I'd finally post a howdy and introduce myself. I haven't made any posts yet because it seems every time I have a question, it doesn't take much of a search to start finding answers, or someone else starts a thread on the same topic! I'm also just a hobbyist, so I feel there's a lot better answers from people more experienced than myself.

I'm a BMW/Audi tech by trade, and graduated into deeper levels of detailing after looking for better ways to take care of my cars than what was on the shelf locally. I found Griot's Garage products, and have been really happy with the ease of use and results. Of course, after being on here, I've branched out and added more brands to the arsenal. I've been thinking about making a post about my experiences with the different Griot's products through the generations, I just haven't been sure where to post it! I figure it could be a way to try to actually contribute to the forums.

Anyhow, just wanted to break the ice, and I have to say what a refreshing experience it is to see such an overall good bunch of people on this site. In an age where so many people online are quick to hate and bash from the safety of hiding behind a keyboard, it's nice to see so many people just giving (great) friendly advice. Even if someone posts something that probably could have been found with a search, they don't get jumped on for it.

Sorry to run on, I'll try and post more often and keep it brief!

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally chiming in from MN

Welcome to the Forum! Interested in your insights on the Griot's products.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips

Hi John,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Thanks for introducing yourself and thank you for your feedback about our forum.

I agree with you that too many forums and especially Facebook are filled with people that simply conduct themselves in a rude manner. We won't put up with type of behavior on this forum.

When I came to this forum back in 2009 (from MeguiarsOnline.com), there were a handful of forum members that acted like this and at that time this forum didn't have any rules. No rules means no boundaries and nothing to enforces.

So we adopted the forum rules I wrote for MOL and then all we had to do after that was simply enforce the rules and all the troublemakers showed themselves to the door.

I always say people join forums for one of three reasons,

1. Ask questions and get help.

2. Answer questions and help others.

3. To cause problems.

Anyone in category #3 reveals their true intentions in just a few posts and then all we do is give them enough rope to hang themselves and then show them the door.

The title under their name becomes,

Self-Banned

And that's because here on this forum we don't ban anyone. A person bans themselves by breaking the forum rules. All our Moderators do is enforce the rules.

That's how all great forums operate.

Anyway, great to see you transition from lurker to active member, I'm already looking forward to your future pots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Hey Gang

I've been reading on these forums quite a bit for a few months now, and thought I'd finally post a howdy and introduce myself. I haven't made any posts yet because it seems every time I have a question, it doesn't take much of a search to start finding answers, or someone else starts a thread on the same topic! I'm also just a hobbyist, so I feel there's a lot better answers from people more experienced than myself.

I'm a BMW/Audi tech by trade, and graduated into deeper levels of detailing after looking for better ways to take care of my cars than what was on the shelf locally. I found Griot's Garage products, and have been really happy with the ease of use and results. Of course, after being on here, I've branched out and added more brands to the arsenal. I've been thinking about making a post about my experiences with the different Griot's products through the generations, I just haven't been sure where to post it! I figure it could be a way to try to actually contribute to the forums.

Anyhow, just wanted to break the ice, and I have to say what a refreshing experience it is to see such an overall good bunch of people on this site. In an age where so many people online are quick to hate and bash from the safety of hiding behind a keyboard, it's nice to see so many people just giving (great) friendly advice. Even if someone posts something that probably could have been found with a search, they don't get jumped on for it.

Sorry to run on, I'll try and post more often and keep it brief!

John
    Welcome to the forum, John.

If you like Griot's products you'll be happy to know that Jeff Brown of Griot's Garage is local to us so if you ever have any questions he's only a step away. I don't think he gets on the forums much but his user name on here is "brownie".

Cheers,
    Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, John.

If you like Griot's products you'll be happy to know that Jeff Brown of Griot's Garage is local to us so if you ever have any questions he's only a step away. I don't think he gets on the forums much but his user name on here is "brownie".

Cheers,
    Rasky
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! (And one from the man himself! ).

I actually had reached out to Jeff already - top notch guy! Thought it was really cool to see you and he are both in Minnesota also!
    I'll have to start getting my GG review post together and see if I can tease out more Griot's lurkers. I was thinking product reviews would be the place; would you recommend I split the polishes/waxes, or just do one post covering how the old products and practices stack up against the new?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! (And one from the man himself! ).

I actually had reached out to Jeff already - top notch guy! Thought it was really cool to see you and he are both in Minnesota also!
    I'll have to start getting my GG review post together and see if I can tease out more Griot's lurkers. I was thinking product reviews would be the place; would you recommend I split the polishes/waxes, or just do one post covering how the old products and practices stack up against the new?
    Awesome!

I would split the reviews up if you can otherwise they can get to be too long and some may lose interest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO John !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan!

Post Thanks / Like

how it going man?! you will love this forum. i have learned much of what i know from youtube, and here. everyone is so helpful, no egos, no agendas, just people wanting to share their experiences, and help fellow detailers.

Andy from minneapolis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast