autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJones
    If i order, will i still have to pay brokerage?
    You will have to pay

1. Canadian Taxes
    2. Duties on Non-USA made items
    3. Brokerage charges

Chris Pace
    eShine Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    heres an excerpt from the ebay guide on shipping from usa to canada using usps....you do not pay any brokerage fees.

FEES:
    CUSTOMS FEES:
    1. TAXES (the most common fee): Canada Customs ONLY assesses taxes (GST or HST) on goods valued at $20 CAD (about $15-17 USD) or more. Taxes are generally about 6-14% (depending on the province destination). A $5 'handling' fee is also added when an item is taxed. When taxes are charged, Customs sticks a taxes-owing form on the box and the box is held by the Post Office as a COD. Recipient pays the tax/handling when the package is retrieved.
    • NOTE: Customs cannot check every box, so frequently items valued at more than $20 CAD do get through with no charge -- it's a 'hit-or-miss' situation. Likewise, if taxes are over-charged due to a missing customs form or a seller over-value, recipients can send in to Canada Customs proof-of-payment (eBay invoice and PayPal/money order receipt or cancelled check), along with the customs tax form stuck to the box (make a copy first) to get a refund.
    2. DUTY: Thanks to NAFTA there is NO DUTY assessed on goods made in the US or Canada (or Mexico); or on used goods, generally. Most eBay transactions do NOT involve duty. (Yippee!) But duty may be assessed on NEW or high-end used items made ('originating') outside of North America.
    Other FEES: There are none! When using USPS/Canada Post the buyer will NEVER get a 'surprise' brokerage fee. Brokers are used by other shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc.) to import and deliver items. Brokerage fees can cost as much as the entire item and shipping fees!! But USPS/CanadaPost have agreements with each other to handle each other's mail, so NO BROKERAGE FEES are EVER charged with USPS (or CanadaPost) services! Yippee!

Post Thanks / Like
    i.e. no savings on products that weren't made in the US. Stick with Chris and eshine.
    AP Auto Detailing & Car Care
    "Care, Pride, Passion"
    Serving the Greater Toronto Area 24/7, 365.
    Direct e-mail: info@apautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought i'd meantion an error quickly. You meantioned orders are being shipped global express, which according to USPS is fedex express, and takes 1-3 business days. This is different than my shipping into which shows Express Mail® International which takes 3-5 business days.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canada Shipping Rates

Is there a "AGO" free shipping option to Canadian customers? or maybe an aditional 50% off shipping to your autogeek family up north?, we kinda feel left out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yah lets swindal something for hte Northeners...i'll still buy regardless, but spread some love to your friendly neighboroghs

Post Thanks / Like

So if I read correctly USPS hands off to FedEx to deliver. Doesn't that mean a brokerage charge or is it considered an Express delivery and the paperwork charge is omitted?

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

yah there is brokerage to us up here....

Post Thanks / Like

I paid taxes and fees on my last packages from autogeek with USPS. It was my first time ( or almost ) that I had to pay taxes with USPS and I bought a lot of thing in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGLL View Post
    I paid taxes and fees on my last packages from autogeek with USPS. It was my first time ( or almost ) that I had to pay taxes with USPS and I bought a lot of thing in the past.
    Can you give us an idea as to how much you paid and the total cost of your order? I have ordered from AG as well and I payed taxes, however not brokerage fees. Those are 2 different things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast