autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Video: Speedy Prep Towel in use

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post

I clayed my car with this towel for the first time last week. This was my first clay experience. I've never had the pleasure of actually using (dropping) a clay bar. This towel was so simple and quick, I don't plan on ever buying a clay bar...

I folded the towel in four sections as Mike shows in the pictures on the product page. After using all four sides, I took the time to rinse the towel in plain warm water and squeeze most of the water out so that I was using the towel damp (with lube, of course). This procedure worked for me and the car came out great...

Good to hear!

My question is, if the towel is picking up the contaminants, don't you want to rinse the contaminants off the towel a lot so that you don't just grind them into the paint?
    Yes. Cleaning often is better than not cleaning often. It's more time consuming so each person has to figure out their comfort level for how long to use the towel before doing some kind of wash/rinse of the rubber surfce.

I know these haven't been on the market very long but how do you know when the towel is used up and its time to replace it?... will it stop removing contaminants or will it start to abrade and deteriorate?
    You have to pay attention to the effectiveness of the towel, that means feeling the paint before you start and then feeling it as you towel it and after you towel it. As you find the towel taking longer to get the job done this would be an indicator the rubberized surface is wearing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick72 View Post

Anyone still like this product ?

We use these towels, the wash mitts and the pads all the time, each car is different so it depends on what we're going to do.

If I'm working on a neglected car and washing it then I'll use the mitts, it's a no brainer.

IF I'm working on a classic car, since I don't wash classics I use either the towels or the pads. See this article,

1963 Plymouth Fury Drag Race Car - Pictures & Video

Nanoskin Glide Instant Detailer and Spray Lubricant Concentrate

Time to get busy....
    The Nanoskin Autoscrub pads are incredibly effective at removing above surface bonded contaminants like paint overspray and best of all you work by machine using dual action polishers, any dual action polisher.

Here's Tim using a Meguiar's G110v2 with a Medium Grade, (Yellow), Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad...

Here's Den using a Porter Cable 7424XP with a Medium Grade, (Yellow), Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad...

Here's Greg using a Porter Cable 7424XP with a Nanoskin Autoscrub Medium Grade Pad....

Here's Andy give some pointers literally....

Here's Nick using the Griot's Garage DA Polisher with a Nanoskin Autoscrub Medium Pad...

Here's Craig using the Cyclo Mark 5 Pro with two 4" Nanoskin Autoscrub Medium Grade Pads...

Here's Bryan using the Meguiar's G110v2 with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine Grade Pad...

Tim is a machine with a machine! Way to go Tim!

Here's Rob using the Griot's DA Polisher with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Medium Grade Pad...

As you can see, just by this first machine step the gloss is already starting to really amp up!

On Autogeek.net

Nanoskin Car Care Products

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Speedy Prep Towel in use

Mike,

When you are done with usage of the nanoskin, how do you store and clean the pad?

I know traditionally with other pads (such as a lake county pad) you would us DP's pad rejuvenator to remove the dried on compounds & polish.

Would you do the same thing with the nanoskin pad?

My fear is using a "cleaner" would deteriorate the rubber nanoskin.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12