autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: waterless car wash tutorial

Hi guys!

I'm back with another video. This time, a tutorial on waterless car wash. Although it won't replace a traditional wash with water, there are situations where access to water is limited or restricted so this is a great alternative.

Learn how to do a waterless car wash with the right techniques and tools, without scratching your paint.

The tools are actually quite simple:
    1) A quality waterless car wash product such as the Chemical Guys Eco Smart RU sold on AutoGeek
    2) Quality microfiber cloths (also sold on AutoGeek)

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/8y-dB9Z0L-k

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: waterless car wash tutorial

Great video.... learning something new every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dandy98! I appreciate your comment! I hope you'll look at more car detailing videos on my channel!

Post Thanks / Like

You really shouldn't go in repeated straight lines like that with the same edge of the towel over and over again.. That's like the #1 thing you should avoid when doing a waterless wash. If you were doing that on a dirty car it could lead to swirls.

Just imagine trying to repeatedly swipe in the same direction on an actual dirty vehicle with this heavy a dirt line.

... Maybe the visual is limited due to viewing it on just a smartphone, but how come the hood looks dirty 1 second, but on the next view just as you begin the wipedown, you can't really see much dirt, and your towel sure doesn't pick up much at all even after using the same edge across half the hood? Did you pre rinse the panel? What kind of lsp do you have on that vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hardly a Pro Detailer. But have been using the waterless from Adam's as well as Auto Geek the past few months. I go through towels like corn through a goose. But...my finish doesn't seem to be the worse for wear.

I prefer water, but when it's below zero simply not possible.

Waterless is a nice option.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with you FN in MT. When ever available, a classic wash with water is always the number one solution. Waterless is a nice ALTERNATIVE when access to water is restricted or there is no access.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    but how come the hood looks dirty 1 second, but on the next view just as you begin the wipedown, you can't really see much dirt, and your towel sure doesn't pick up much at all even after using the same edge across half the hood? Did you pre rinse the panel? What kind of lsp do you have on that vehicle?
    I agree with the points you brought about changing edges of the towel frequently. That's why I made sure to mention to change sides on the towel and if it gets dirty, change towels all together in order to always swipe with a clean side. Maybe it could have been made more clear in the video.

To answer your last question, there needs to be video editing hence why the cut you saw. If not, videos would last over an hour and nobody watches long videos like that. The car had a light level of dirt, as shown at the beginning before the waterless wash. It had a coat of Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 sealant that had been applied 4 months before. That's it. First half of the hood (left side) was shown for the spraying of the waterless wash and initial straight line wipe, and the cut to the second side (right side) of the hood is when the hood was already washed by the waterless wash, but now was to show the step of buffing (when you flip the towel to a dry side). Does that make sense?

Thanks for watching !