autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting a business rinseless wash vs regular wash

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Wang View Post
    What state are you from? Have you timed a rinseless vs a traditional? Have you considered waterless? I am 100% waterless and it is a huge selling point for my business. The bottom line is, which is faster? Your customers won't notice any difference on how you wash their car. All they see is a clean car.
    Couldn't agree more. As long as it's clean

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What state are you from? Have you timed a rinseless vs a traditional? Have you considered waterless? I am 100% waterless and it is a huge selling point for my business. The bottom line is, which is faster? Your customers won't notice any difference on how you wash their car. All they see is a clean car.
    Im in georgia. Ive never done warterless but i will look into it. Ive not timed washing with each. I will next time. When i wash and detail mine i loose track of time lol which i cant do when detailing other peoples cars

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RecurveTrail214 View Post
    Im in georgia. Ive never done warterless but i will look into it. Ive not timed washing with each. I will next time. When i wash and detail mine i loose track of time lol which i cant do when detailing other peoples cars
    It doesn't have to be waterless, rinseless, is good, all you need is a bucket, Rinseless solution and some towels.

Post Thanks / Like

for a more through clean traditional is way better.How are you gonna clean mags wheels,baked on brake dust trim pieces and bugs.Double the work labor wise plus so many towels making glass cleaning even more of a struggle.no thanks I will stick to soap and water,also when it's detailing time that car has to be 100 percent door jambs flushed and etc.I understand Cali laws but anywhere else my personal opinion water and soap is quicker and a better job.The only cars that don't require water are show cars.just my 2 cents with experience .

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a traditional wash too, but traditional washes also require several large waffle weave drying towels plus designated microfiber towels for interior and windows. Cold climates can be a challenge, and lugging around a tank is also very space consuming and can be restrictive on the number of cars you can wash. Asking clients for their water, I feel, is unprofessional. Baked on brake dust can't be washed off with soap either. Only IronX spray/gel or Sonax or other iron removing wheel cleaners can treat baked on brake dust. In the end, everyone will have their preferences for their personal vehicles and vehicles for business. Test out all 3 wash methods and see which one you like best. Each has its pros and cons. Only you can determine which is best for you and your business. For me? California has strict water run off regulations, so waterless is my only choice. For my customers? They are all in shock how clean a car can be using less than 10oz of water.

I'm not sure how fast you are GSKR, but 2 of my guys can clean a daily driver sedan using waterless, doing door/trunk jams, wheels dressed, windows and interior wipe and vac in 20 minutes (using 4-6 16"x16" towels). I honestly couldn't see it being done faster with traditional if I have to dry, blow out side mirrors and every crevice/emblem with a compressor or blower. But then again, I have never even tried timing it. The only thing I don't do with a waterless are wheel barrels. None of my customers have ever complained and are impressed with our work every time.

Post Thanks / Like

The traditional may be faster but the Rinseless Wash business is less expensive and you don't need a water tank or a truck. You can run a Rinseless Wash business out a small car. All you need is two buckets with Gamma Sealed lids, 25 microfibers, some ONR, a couple spray bottles, some tire dressing, and you are in business

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    The traditional may be faster but the Rinseless Wash business is less expensive and you don't need a water tank or a truck. You can run a Rinseless Wash business out a small car. All you need is two buckets with Gamma Sealed lids, 25 microfibers, some ONR, a couple spray bottles, some tire dressing, and you are in business
    Good points. And maybe just have a 3 gallon pump sprayer with water to spray real dirty spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RecurveTrail214 View Post
    Good points. And maybe just have a 3 gallon pump sprayer with water to spray real dirty spots?
    Yes I agree. I have a pump sprayer and it really helps out in the Rinseless Wash business

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with @willy wang. Go waterless...it's cheaper and easier than rinseless, and you'll never have to worry about water or hoses. Also, know the laws regarding water and water reclamation for your state, county, city. Everyone has different restrictions on water useage at different times of the year. Last thing you need is a large fine from the city to put you out of business.

Post Thanks / Like

You will need both.
    Most vehicles, especially daily drivers, will be contaminant heavy on both the exterior panels and the wheels.
    You will need some pressure, and a stream of it at some point.

At least have a trigger spray bottle with water only, and on jet setting.
    A 2 gallon pump sprayer can actually produce decent pressure.
    A steamer is a great tool to have on hand when heat and moisture are needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast