autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buisness name thoughts

Hey guys I have been playing with this for awhile and have a couple of thoughts.

Personal touch detailing
    Full effect detailing
    Blvd custom detailing
    Dks detailing
    Rc detailing
    Detailtek
    Detailed f/x
    Nu image

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buisness name thoughts

I personally shy away from any flashy words. They are overly used in the detailing world and I feel by trying to stand out you just blend right in. May I ask your name and location?

Post Thanks / Like

Derrick steinke and I'm in fort myers. I looked at doing like the area code but already done. But I want to service basically three counties in swfl and that is taken to. All are small detailers and I don't know how much they actually work

Post Thanks / Like

Don't spend that much time on a name.

The reality of it is you probably won't even get more than 500 customers in the next 2 years.

A lot of people love to glam over "brand exposure" and getting their name out there.

But most detailers operate at such a small level that it seriously doesn't matter what you're name is.

Just pick something and get going
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle suggested to use your location in your name, because it helps when people are searching on the net. So let's say you are in Miami, having the word Miami as part of your name is a good thing.

Other than that, it's a really personal matter.

Post Thanks / Like

I do think a name has a lot to do with how the customer will think of your business. When you choose a business name, think of how a customer will think a business name will mean for them. Even using your own name as a business name can mean a lot, because you are branding the business in your name.

As a customer I am drawn more to names that I feel are catchy, and have a nice logo. When the phone book used to be 'the thing' I would go more for names and logos that I liked instead of whoever was the first on the list. Because I was drawn more to a name or logo that I liked instead of some plain lettered business advertisement that I thought was boring. Catch my drift?

EDIT: I like the name Nu Image

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Renny Doyle suggested to use your location in your name, because it helps when people are searching on the net. So let's say you are in Miami, having the word Miami as part of your name is a good thing.

Other than that, it's a really personal matter.
    It's called Exact Match Domain.

It's not as powerful and relevant as it once was 3 years ago.

Don't worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    I do think a name has a lot to do with how the customer will think of your business. When you choose a business name, think of how a customer will think a business name will mean for them. Even using your own name as a business name can mean a lot, because you are branding the business in your name.

As a customer I am drawn more to names that I feel are catchy, and have a nice logo. When the phone book used to be 'the thing' I would go more for names and logos that I liked instead of whoever was the first on the list. Because I was drawn more to a name or logo that I liked instead of some plain lettered business advertisement that I thought was boring. Catch my drift?

EDIT: I like the name Nu Image
    A name seriously doesn't matter.

Apple
    Facebook
    Moz
    Uber
    Slack
    Airbnb

None of the names mattered into they built something that made it meaningful.

The only times it really matters is when you have over 50,000 unique visitors to your site per month and you A/B test different variations of your domain/business name.

Take Mint.com (original domain was MyMint.com) for example. After testing with Mint.com and MyMint.com, they saw that users gave more trust to Mint.com (which would increase their email opt-ins, registration, revenue, etc...).

At the time, Mint.com was already taken by another website. So MyMint.com payed a low 6-figures to buy it out (it goes into more detail but you get the point.)

So in this instance, the name mattered a lot because in less than 2 years, Mint.com was acquired by Intuit for $170 million bucks.

So again, the name doesn't really matter for a local detailer

That doesn't mean pick whatever name.. Just don't spend more than a day on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    So again, the name doesn't really matter for a local detailer
    It does, when you have a name like Brick Detailing vs Crystal Clear Reflections, which one are you more drawn to? I don't know about you, but I'm going to go with crystal reflections because if I wanted polishing that's the name I would be more drawn to. Especially when you know nothing about either business and especially for someone just starting their business, if something as small as a name means getting an extra 5 percent of business, then it's worth it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    It does, when you have a name like Brick Detailing vs Crystal Clear Reflections, which one are you more drawn to? I don't know about you, but I'm going to go with crystal reflections because if I wanted polishing that's the name I would be more drawn to. Especially when you know nothing about either business and especially for someone just starting their business, if something as small as a name means getting an extra 5 percent of business, then it's worth it...

Post Thanks / Like

Lol it does matter to an extent like he said brick detailing does give a good perception of the business. Actually like something with mint now lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast