autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: #1 Tip if You Could Start All Over?

I agree with the guys above. I'm getting rid of a ton of extraneous products, and stocking up on what I know I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Join a gym and talk to everyone in it. Have shirts w logo printed and wear one to the gym everyday

I've been a regular at the same gym for the past 6 years and know most of the regulars there and the staff.

The people that are 'regulars' at a gym tells a lot about their work ethic as a person. They're normally a lot more organized and driven than people that don't go to the gym. So that translates over to their career: they're probably doing pretty well for themselves in their respective careers due to their driven attitude and personality.

Therefor they probably are pretty well financially stable.

And can afford nice cars. I can vouch for that. Theres a guy who owns a Viper and a Range Rover that goes to the gym. Vettes show up. Audis and BMW's are parked outside. Mercedes and big, nice trucks. And guess what? They're all owned by the regulars that go to the gym.

Those people can afford this vehicles, therefor can afford a professional detailer to take care of them.

A professional detailer they know through working out at the same gym.

Post Thanks / Like

Create a detailing menu.... with multiple interior and exterior detailing levels. Don't just offer everyone the works package if they aren't willing to pay for it! Market different levels of service to different levels of customers.
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice and you taking the time tell me some of your opinions, it's really appreciated.

He has 9 years of Detailing experience

He doesn't need advice on products!

The issue is starting up quickly and smoothly in a new city
    Thanks for clearing that up, you are 100% right, I've got my system down and while I still tweak a few things here and there, there's probably not much change coming in that department - (although I am getting rid of a bunch of stuff so I have to move less - check out my post on the "SAMPLES" thread if you want a great deal on something.

Join a gym and talk to everyone in it. Have shirts w logo printed and wear one to the gym everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko Molina View Post
    I've been a regular at the same gym for the past 6 years and know most of the regulars there and the staff.

The people that are 'regulars' at a gym tells a lot about their work ethic as a person. They're normally a lot more organized and driven than people that don't go to the gym. So that translates over to their career: they're probably doing pretty well for themselves in their respective careers due to their driven attitude and personality.

Therefor they probably are pretty well financially stable.

And can afford nice cars. I can vouch for that. Theres a guy who owns a Viper and a Range Rover that goes to the gym. Vettes show up. Audis and BMW's are parked outside. Mercedes and big, nice trucks. And guess what? They're all owned by the regulars that go to the gym.

Those people can afford this vehicles, therefor can afford a professional detailer to take care of them.

A professional detailer they know through working out at the same gym.
    Great advice on the gym you guys, this is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for when I started this thread. I hadn't really even thought too much about that, but it's very true. I could even write the membership fees off as a marketing expense. I usually work out outside (I like running and biking and that kinda stuff), but it may be worth to switch that up for the next year or so.

Establish a 10 foot rule in your head. Anyone who gets within 10' of you should know who you are and that you are a Professional Detailer
    Good advice, I'm not great with initiating conversation with random strangers, but I will be working on this. Once I get to talking, I'm totally fine, its just the initiating that seems tough for me. Wearing my new shirts everywhere should help.

Maximize your networking. Reach out to everyone you know and let them know about the relo. Utilize Linkedin and Facebook to re-connect with anyone you may know in the new territory. Offer $10 off any service if the Customer posts a picture you provide of them with the clean car on their Facebook page.
    I've started some of this stuff and it should help a lot. Good idea about them posting a picture themselves instead of just me posting their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I have to agree with what's been offered so far...keep it simple and market your butt off!

The only thing i personally would've done better is to stick to firm pricing. I have yielded to giving a friend or two a "break" on my price every now and then and kick myself every time. Stand firm on what you charge.
    The plan is to market my butt off, I'm just trying to narrow down the options for the best ways to do so and make my marketing $$$ go the furthest. I shouldn't have to worry about the price breaks for friends and stuff as we know absolutely no one in the new location we're planning on that changing over time though.

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Get a few license plate covers made up with your name/logo, number and web presence details, perfect for those pictures.
    Interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that yet or heard anything like that before, I'll have to look into it a little further.

Thanks for all the great tips guys, I appreciate it, and keep 'em coming, especially in the department of ways to market and promote to a fresh and new area of people
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a great thread for the up and comers. thanks OP for creating this and thanks everyone for contributing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwhit757 View Post
    this is a great thread for the up and comers. thanks OP for creating this and thanks everyone for contributing.

That's what I'm using it for! Like he said thanks!
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, I can't take credit, Jarred. I've seen them elsewhere over the years, but most recently Etienne in South Africa showcased with them.
    Francesco

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't listen to people who haven't done what they are talking about. Lots of Parroting information without checking facts or testing the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's rather cynical. Might as well just say, "Don't keep an open mind."
    Francesco

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Well that's rather cynical. Might as well just say, "Don't keep an open mind."
    Far from it. The ability to hear an idea is far different than acting out what someone has told you without doing your due diligence.

There are a lot of "arm chair" detailers out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast