autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Montlhly Maintenance Plan Suggestions

Whats up guys, i was just wondering how some of you go about signing up a customer to a monthly maintenance plan.

- do you guys have them fill out some paperwork or a contract? If you what do you guys add on the paperwork?
    -do you guys sign them up for various months? Or is it a month to month plan.

Id appreciate all the input i can have. Thanks on advance guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Montlhly Maintenance Plan Suggestions

I have quite a few regular customers on a monthly maintenance plan but I don't have any type of written contract.
    I think a contract would put a lot of people of agreeing to have their car looked after on a regular basis.
    After each valet(yes I'm English!) I just book the car in for the next one with the customer-never a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Nix the contract idea. Truth be told...if push comes to shove in this economy...just affording to put gas in the tank each month (if you can even afford a car)...trumps making it look good.

If you build it (reputation)...they will come.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

That's something I should look into.

When you do a maintenance plan with a Customer, do you plan specific services in advance or suggest as needed?

For example, do you say to your Customer: On this detail we applied a sealant to give you paint a strong and durable protection. Next time it would be a good idea to apply a durable wax to improve the protection and increase the shine?

Or you you simply ask the Customer when is the next time he wants the car detailed?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I send my first-time clients a postcard, and if they call me back I sell the sizzle of getting them on my maintenance plan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple customers come every week for washes and quick vac. Most my customers come back ever 3-4 months for my stage 1 detail which is my bread and butter right now. Paint correction and coatings are growing very fast and hopefully soon that will be my bread and butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    That's something I should look into.

When you do a maintenance plan with a Customer, do you plan specific services in advance or suggest as needed?

For example, do you say to your Customer: On this detail we applied a sealant to give you paint a strong and durable protection. Next time it would be a good idea to apply a durable wax to improve the protection and increase the shine?

Or you you simply ask the Customer when is the next time he wants the car detailed?

Its is usually recommended that you detail your customers car first, its not neccessary but it makes sense since the whole idea is that you do a correction detail and you follow it up with the maintenance details(basic wash). So a basic maintenance plan would be giving your customer 4 basic washes a month or 1 every week to maintain the finish. Another one would be 3 basic washes with the fourth one being an express interior and exterior detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D Valeting View Post
    I have quite a few regular customers on a monthly maintenance plan but I don't have any type of written contract.
    I think a contract would put a lot of people of agreeing to have their car looked after on a regular basis.
    After each valet(yes I'm English!) I just book the car in for the next one with the customer-never a problem.
    Hmm makes sense, but i feel like a maintenance plan can take away from all the hassle, they dont even have to see me, just pay me the first week of the month and ill wash the car every week until the next month comes along.. Idk ill probably just give them an invoice every time they sign up and go from there. My aim is to be as convenient as possible, but we will have to see

Post Thanks / Like

Montlhly Maintenance Plan Suggestions

The cost and commitment of your proposed maintainance plan will make or break the customers' decision. Thinking as a consumer (and like mentioned above) sometimes there isnt room in the budget for another monthly bill. If you sell it as the customer is saving money up front, you can make your profit in the back end (coatings, wax, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk