autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour bus fleet

Post Thanks / Like

Tour bus fleet

All,
    I have the opportunity to possibly do some work for a company that provides tours in my city. Their fleet is 2 Escalades, 2 full size conversion vans, 3 14 passenger buses and 2 23 passenger buses. I have seen 5 of the vehicles and they are not terrible but they do need some attention. I plan on giving the owner a few options regarding an AIO approach and a full scale correction approach with monthly maintenance. Six of the vehicles are black, 2 white and 1 that has been wrapped. Six have leather seating and the other 3 are cloth. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this? If so, what kind of pricing were you able to work out? The Escalades and the conversion vans aren't an issue but the buses are something I have never been asked to price before. I know Bates Detailing has done some school buses and Tuscarora Dave has some experience from searching the forum but I would certainly welcome any advice. Thanks in advance.
    Alan
    OCD-tailing LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tour bus fleet

You both need to come up with an hourly wage you can live with

I've tried doing work for limo companies, but have found the experience very unpleasant

Post Thanks / Like

Flash Gordon,
    Thank you for the response and the advice. I like the idea of hourly because the condition of the vehicles will surely change based on group size, weather, destination, etc.
    Thanks again,
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    Flash Gordon,
    Thank you for the response and the advice. I like the idea of hourly because the condition of the vehicles will surely change based on group size, weather, destination, etc.
    Thanks again,
    Alan
    Your experience should determine the hourly rate. Having said that I wouldn't charge less the $20 pr hour

Remember to you are charging by the "man hour". If you have employees bill the same amount for their time

Post Thanks / Like

I am more than happy to help you out man - feel free to give me a call and I'll answer any questions you have. I do anywhere from 5 to 20 buses a week everything from basic cleanings to full corrections. It looks like you aren't too far from me either, so pricing should be fairly equivalent. Toss me a call
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

you need to make as much for your bis as you do for you self. I do a 50/50 spit so at 20hr you shoud get 80 for your self and 80 for the bis.For me thats to little money for my time but thats up to you.I would be in the 35 hr to 40 hr range.and thats if your insured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Your experience should determine the hourly rate. Having said that I wouldn't charge less the $20 pr hour

Remember to you are charging by the "man hour". If you have employees bill the same amount for their time
    Flash,
    We are definitely on the same page at $20 minimum. I am hoping to do better but $20 would not be bad for ongoing weekly business. Thanks for the input.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bates Detailing View Post
    I am more than happy to help you out man - feel free to give me a call and I'll answer any questions you have. I do anywhere from 5 to 20 buses a week everything from basic cleanings to full corrections. It looks like you aren't too far from me either, so pricing should be fairly equivalent. Toss me a call
    Thanks a bunch. I'll call you tomorrow during business hours.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by master detailer View Post
    you need to make as much for your bis as you do for you self. I do a 50/50 spit so at 20hr you shoud get 80 for your self and 80 for the bis.For me thats to little money for my time but thats up to you.I would be in the 35 hr to 40 hr range.and thats if your insured.
    I see where you are coming from but this is a side business for me (but I am fully insured and a LLC) so $20 minimum would not be too bad. I'm just trying to get two kids through college. Thanks for you reply.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Flash,
    We are definitely on the same page at $20 minimum. I am hoping to do better but $20 would not be bad for ongoing weekly business. Thanks for the input.
    Alan
    Try $30 per. Always easier to come down then go up

I see where you are coming from but this is a side business for me (but I am fully insured and a LLC) so $20 minimum would not be too bad. I'm just trying to get two kids through college. Thanks for you reply.
    Alan
    I was assuming you were working under the table. If you're licensed, insured and paying taxes. I would for sure charge more then $20 per

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast