autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you again?

I know their was a thread a while back. I can't remember thread title, yes tried searching it. Pretty much asked anyone who was doing auto detailing would you do it again. I know someone answered yes some said no. For those that said they wouldn't do it again as a means over a living. Why not, not enough money in it, the business end of it, lost the passion, etc. etc. All free to reply
    Cleanscapes Detailing Services
    Auto Detailing & Pressure Washing
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you again?

I'm working on my 2nd year in business and if I had to start all over again would I do it?...yes I think I would.

However, I'm still struggling to make my business successful.

Also you have to realize that going from detailing as a hobby to detailing as a job makes it loose it's luster a little bit. Because your no longer detailing just your car. You have to deal with the minivans that are disgusting, or the car that someone threw up in, etc. Some jobs are worse than others.

There are days that while I'm working I say to myself what did I get myself into. Then I finish and look at the turn around and say that's why I do it!

So if I had to turn around and do it all again my answer would still be yes. Detailing in general has lost some of it's initial luster from it being just a hobby. But when I get that sweet ride that pulls up that I have the honor of working on it makes it all worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you again?

Well said Jason!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in my 4th year of business, it was VERY tough in the beginning I will not lie. But you have to be determined an have the drive to go out there get the business, it's not all gonna come to you. I feel I have done ok so far with my business seeing how I'm sitting at home right now watching tv and playing on the forum while my employees are out making me some money.. Lol so yes, I would do it again!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.