autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking *** L.I.N.Y - Where's the money in 2011

Hey guys,

Whats the feeling for this year and what kind of advertising is working? I'm by sunrise near Rte112. My feeling is that the money is to go way south or way north, like starting at Rte25.

I still have to detail part time but I'm looking to step it up a bit. I think a friend of mine can help me out a little during the week ( im hoping). I mainly do friends cars and some referrals from them. Nothing to brag about in terms of being busy.

I mostly detail at home, so I'm not really setup to hit the road, although I have loaded up the old jeep a couple of times. I'll do what I gotta do. I've been keeping my eyes open for a inexpensive trailer.

Thanks,
    Jimmy
    Happiness is... An awesome reflection!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *** L.I.N.Y - Where's the money in 2011

What is your question? Advertising?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

ALL the money in LI is in the north shore. They have $ and dont care about specials, coupons or a free air freshener like south shore people. But they do want to see flawless results and tend to be very picky. The people in the south shore , they will low ball you even if you tell them the whole detail is fee lol. if you need a idea on what to charge here in LI LMK i'll be glad to help

Post Thanks / Like

One question is about advertising and whats working and the other question is, in a nut shell, are people spending money here and how is business looking for the coming season?

It's kinda an open question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Reflections View Post
    ALL the money in LI is in the north shore. They have $ and dont care about specials, coupons or a free air freshener like south shore people. But they do want to see flawless results and tend to be very picky. The people in the south shore , they will low ball you even if you tell them the whole detail is fee lol. if you need a idea on what to charge here in LI LMK i'll be glad to help

Thanks for the feedback and the offer. I'll send u a PM

Post Thanks / Like

Look around on a weekend. The stores are jammed. People are spending money for sure. whether or not it's on keeping their car clean can be debated

as this weather finally starts to warm, i'm seeing a lot more interest from co-workers in my office. also just at gas stations at supermarkets. I keep my car looking fresh so i'm not afraid to strike up a discussion while filling up or grabbing some milk.

it's funny because i also see a lot more people in the gym recently. People want to look good once the weather is nice i guess.

as far as pricing, i'm sure you ran across my other thread in here. I'd be interested to see what you thought of my prices / packages if you didn't mind taking a quick look and letting me know. thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

I just spent about 3k in lawn care here in Huntington. I would drive around and look in driveways for newer cars, then drop off advertising in select mailboxes.

Post Thanks / Like

A good suggestion that some places will let you do, is ask if you can set up a little holder w/ biz cards/fliers/pamphlets at counters to places that have car specific customers.

I.E. Auto Zone, Oil Change stores, Jiffy's, Wheels Tire/Rotation stores (Mich, Goodyear, etc...) places. Also a great idea at gas stations, just make sure you talk to the manager though. To stand out a bit more, door hangers are unique and not common, good way to "POP" your advertising to clients. People generally throw away a lot of offers with mail stacks. Just a heads up

Post Thanks / Like

Take a ride to the Americana shopping center in Manhasset. Put flyers on windshields. I guarantee at least 10 jobs.
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    A good suggestion that some places will let you do, is ask if you can set up a little holder w/ biz cards/fliers/pamphlets at counters to places that have car specific customers.

I.E. Auto Zone, Oil Change stores, Jiffy's, Wheels Tire/Rotation stores (Mich, Goodyear, etc...) places. Also a great idea at gas stations, just make sure you talk to the manager though. To stand out a bit more, door hangers are unique and not common, good way to "POP" your advertising to clients. People generally throw away a lot of offers with mail stacks. Just a heads up
    Great ideas! I go to the same gas station and im on a friendly bases with him. I just got my biz cards in and now i gotta design a postcard size flier.

I have about 5 jobs lined up, but this dam weather here is not cooperating. But it's kinda buying me some time because my steamer went down. Time to get another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast