autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Senior Member weavers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    354

    Flyer and mobile insurance

    Hi everyone, I just started my own mobile car detailing business. I have received a business licence and I am bidding for jobs at local companies. I also want to appeal to the general public. I planing to mostly wash cars, vacuum the inside and wax cars. I will be using ONR to wash the cars. I'm in the bay area, California. Company name is, "Green mobile car spa." I'm a college student so a dozen or more cars would be great, I may hire my sister or someone else to help out.

    Anyways I need a flyer. I was thinking a 5x7" or something else small and print them out on good cardboard type of paper maybe 200 or so to get started and put them on cars in my neighborhood and local shopping markets. I thinking of doing that at kinkos, but I need a flyer design first. Anyone have any templates. I haven't used photo shop to much.

    I also need help with setting up a website, any tips there? And I want a Craig's list add with photos and everything.

    Last thing i am looking into is insurance to wash cars at peoples homes, business or gyms. I've tried searching online but I can't find much.

    Any advice?



    Oh pricing I am thinking of something like this:
    1) Basic car wash, outside and wash windows I charge $12 for normal cars and $15 for suv/trucks. Takes 40mins to 1 hr and 15mins.

    2) Premium car wash. outside, windows, tires, inside windows, door jams, and dressing the tires $18 dollars for regular cars and 22 for suv/trucks. takes about 1:30mins.

    3) Delux Car Wash: wax and clay and detail (inside and outside) will run you about 65 dollars and will take 2&1/2-3 hours or so depends on car size.

    Paint correction is 15 dollars an hour and is quoted individually. It takes 4-12 or more hours depending on whatever wants to be done. Same for detailing inside of the car, carpets, seats, dash, interior plastics.
    I will wash engine bays for 20 dollars.

    Headlight restoration 60 dollars flat rate. Takes an hour per headlamp
    Owner of Green Mobile Car Spa
    2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3.0liter

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bates Detailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,074

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Join the group ... "Lets Help Each other Succeed" under User CP then click on Social Groups.... right up your alley man
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covina/Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by weavers View Post
    Hi everyone, I just started my own mobile car detailing business. I have received a business licence and I am bidding for jobs at local companies. I also want to appeal to the general public. I planing to mostly wash cars, vacuum the inside and wax cars. I will be using ONR to wash the cars. I'm in the bay area, California. Company name is, "Green mobile car spa." I'm a college student so a dozen or more cars would be great, I may hire my sister or someone else to help out.

    Anyways I need a flyer. I was thinking a 5x7" or something else small and print them out on good cardboard type of paper maybe 200 or so to get started and put them on cars in my neighborhood and local shopping markets. I thinking of doing that at kinkos, but I need a flyer design first. Anyone have any templates. I haven't used photo shop to much.

    I also need help with setting up a website, any tips there? And I want a Craig's list add with photos and everything.

    Last thing i am looking into is insurance to wash cars at peoples homes, business or gyms. I've tried searching online but I can't find much.

    Any advice?



    Oh pricing I am thinking of something like this:
    1) Basic car wash, outside and wash windows I charge $12 for normal cars and $15 for suv/trucks. Takes 40mins to 1 hr and 15mins.

    2) Premium car wash. outside, windows, tires, inside windows, door jams, and dressing the tires $18 dollars for regular cars and 22 for suv/trucks. takes about 1:30mins.

    3) Delux Car Wash: wax and clay and detail (inside and outside) will run you about 65 dollars and will take 2&1/2-3 hours or so depends on car size.

    Paint correction is 15 dollars an hour and is quoted individually. It takes 4-12 or more hours depending on whatever wants to be done. Same for detailing inside of the car, carpets, seats, dash, interior plastics.
    I will wash engine bays for 20 dollars.

    Headlight restoration 60 dollars flat rate. Takes an hour per headlamp
    OK your all over the place with this. If you can get $30 bucks an hour doing headlights why are your pursuing car washing at roughly $12 an hour??? Car washing is much more labor intensive, why is it cheaper than head light repair?

    You need to determine your hourly rate and ABIDE by it all the time for everything!

    EXAMPLE- 1 hour to wash a car = $30, 2 hours to perform headlight repair = $60 and so on......

    Flyers are a waste of time. When was the last time you bought something from a flyer??

    There are all kinds of detailing; fleet, soccer moms, high-end, etc.... you get the idea.
    Pick one segment in your market and target them. Flyers are a hand grenade approch to marketing. Think more like a sniper and hit each one with the appropriate message.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bates Detailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,074

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by superior_shine View Post
    OK your all over the place with this. If you can get $30 bucks an hour doing headlights why are your pursuing car washing at roughly $12 an hour??? Car washing is much more labor intensive, why is it cheaper than head light repair?

    You need to determine your hourly rate and ABIDE by it all the time for everything!

    EXAMPLE- 1 hour to wash a car = $30, 2 hours to perform headlight repair = $60 and so on......

    Flyers are a waste of time. When was the last time you bought something from a flyer??

    There are all kinds of detailing; fleet, soccer moms, high-end, etc.... you get the idea.
    Pick one segment in your market and target them. Flyers are a hand grenade approch to marketing. Think more like a sniper and hit each one with the appropriate message.
    Im going to have to agree and disagree here. Flyers are great if you make them specific for a certain group... ie. fleet, luxury, or soccer mom. I have flyers designed for different industries and purposes. They are normally attached in packages and handed directly to the potential customer/client. I have to disagree with putting a flyer on someone's car though. That is something I never liked for anyone to do to me and I have chosen never to do it to anyone else. Flyers are useful when used in the right manner.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covina/Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Im going to have to agree and disagree here. Flyers are great if you make them specific for a certain group... ie. fleet, luxury, or soccer mom. I have flyers designed for different industries and purposes. They are normally attached in packages and handed directly to the potential customer/client. I have to disagree with putting a flyer on someone's car though. That is something I never liked for anyone to do to me and I have chosen never to do it to anyone else. Flyers are useful when used in the right manner.

    I agree if used in the way you do.

  6. #6
    Senior Member weavers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    354

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Great advice and some good ideas too.

    To be honest I like making 10 dollars an hour. I look at local car washes, and hand washing fix sites and they charge 10-15 dollars. On is a hand wash with a vacuum for 12 bucks. I know with a mobile service people will pay for the convince cause it saves them time. I just have to believe people will pay for a better job that is convenient to them. Me personally I have been a cheap person and wouldn't pay more money for a mobile service. I know I need to inflate/adjust prices a bit to off set the price of gas, supplies and everything. In time with confidence and some upscale clients I will increase prices.

    For me I enjoy doing headlight restorations, I sand by hand, machine compound, polish and seal. Its pretty fun, but also very labor intensive. That small area sanding takes quite a bit. I believe its skilled labor and it should be paid as such. Around here it seems to be 50 dollars per headlamp. I suppose washing cars is skilled labor as well. Ya I am all over the place, i see your guys point.
    Owner of Green Mobile Car Spa
    2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3.0liter

  7. #7
    Senior Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covina/Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by weavers View Post

    To be honest I like making 10 dollars an hour.
    Whatha........???????

  8. #8
    Senior Member weavers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    354

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    I say like, I should say content with. I've done a few jobs where I get twice or triple that, but then its hard to get enough hours.(personal trainer and dance teacher). I feel like my time is worth at least 10 dollars an hour. Minimum wage won't cut it for me. btw I'm going to school to become a Registered Nurse.
    Owner of Green Mobile Car Spa
    2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3.0liter

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bates Detailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,074

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    LOL - if you calculate how many hours I spend on the phone, traveling, marketing, working, etc. I couldn't say I make much more. I try and make anywhere from 20 to 50 dollars an hour depending on which industry I am servicing and what the job is..... but to tell the truth I am always on the computer making marketing material...... searching products..... or on this forum either learning or tossing my knowledge out there.... When you calulate it all together - I probably do make 10 to 20 an hour lol!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member slickooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,657

    Re: Flyer and mobile insurance

    That is REAL cheap. It all depends what kind of work you provide. Are you going do a good job or just rush through it?

    If someone just want a wash I would charge at least 25. It all depends what kind of service you provide, that what set you apart from others.

    If other are charging 15ish for car wash, are you going be doing the same job as them or will provide better service? If your going go above and beyond I'm sure you can get more.

    Oh yeah and it all depends where you live.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Insurance - Business owners what do you pay for insurance per year?
    By mrj7500 in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 04:43 AM
  2. Anyone every heard of Joseph D. Walters Insurance for detailers insurance???
    By JoeHotRod in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 03:26 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
  4. Insurance for non mobile detailers
    By akj in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
  5. mobile detailing (what kind of insurance ) ?
    By jgibson2980 in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2016

31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 123