autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Running a mobile business state wide.

I know how to apply for the right papers in running a business legally operating in one state only. But this year I am planning in operating my business in more than 2 different states.( I got my own personal reasons why) So I would like to know what I need to apply for and how and what kind of insurance I need. Is it more expensive than operating a business in one state only?

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Running a mobile business state wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutoDetai View Post
    I know how to apply for the right papers in running a business legally operating in one state only. But this year I am planning in operating my business in more than 2 different states.( I got my own personal reasons why) So I would like to know what I need to apply for and how and what kind of insurance I need. Is it more expensive than operating a business in one state only?

Are you currently a sole proprietor/ LLC/ Inc.?!?!? I was going to do the same and am going to talk to my accountant later this week - I can find out more from here and let you know..... Im sure there are a few "little" things to deal with but I couldn't imagine it being anything ridiculous cost wise. I can also almost guarantee that you will need a separate license for each county you work in. This is why I am incorporating later this week - for ease of expanding.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Are you currently a sole proprietor/ LLC/ Inc.?!?!? I was going to do the same and am going to talk to my accountant later this week - I can find out more from here and let you know..... Im sure there are a few "little" things to deal with but I couldn't imagine it being anything ridiculous cost wise. I can also almost guarantee that you will need a separate license for each county you work in. This is why I am incorporating later this week - for ease of expanding.
    I am currently not operating my business right now due to personal reasons. But I am starting to get things in place ahead of time to be ready to come back for 2011 summer. I kinda know how LLC works. I been thinking going inc could be the answer all tho I don't know much about it. I would appreciate any info from you. I also know this guy where I live who works with small business owners I am going to see if I can get more info from him.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently not operating my business right now due to personal reasons. But I am starting to get things in place ahead of time to be ready to come back for 2011 summer. I kinda know how LLC works. I been thinking going inc could be the answer all tho I don't know much about it. I would appreciate any info from you. I also know this guy where I live who works with small business owners I am going to see if I can get more info from him.

What State are you in? I was operating as a sole proprietorship since last summer and decided that I don't want my personal assets at risk..... also I cannot get a business loan due to jacked up credit (long story). So I am deciding to incorporate to make B & B its own separate entity that can have its own credit and all liability falls under the company - I will pay myself with a biweekly check the same as an employee - but I can choose how much I want to draw. Anyhow, my accountant told me that expanding is much easier when incorporated. The only bad thing about being incorporated is sometimes double taxation is a factor. The business gets taxed as well as yourself from drawing a paycheck. But I am sure there are plenty of ways to make it work in your benefit.
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in GA and you? So seems like going Inc is the best way all tho the double tax is a yike!! And concerns me a lot. Is there a way of avoiding double tax?

Post Thanks / Like

I live in GA and you? So seems like going Inc is the best way all tho the double tax is a yike!! And concerns me a lot. Is there a way of avoiding double tax?

My guess, and Im not sure, is that if you draw 99% of the profit made from the company as personal payment before the end of tax season that the gov can only tax what was profit - leaving very little left to be taxed. hit me up if you want to talk more about it ..... 615.967.8121 - I can share the little that I know.
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have AOL screen name?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have AOL screen name?

No - Im just not a huge fan of texting or typing something that can be talked about in a few minutes when it would take hours to write lol..... just me maybe
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    No - Im just not a huge fan of texting or typing something that can be talked about in a few minutes when it would take hours to write lol..... just me maybe
    Oh I see what's your name? I will hit you up somethimes this week we are watching a movie now The Godfather II lol

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see what's your name? I will hit you up somethimes this week we are watching a movie now The Godfather II lol

Anthony - yeah, definitely hit me up - I am suppose to talk to my accountant tuesday afternoon, so if you have any specific questions let me know and I can ask her while Im there.
    Bates Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast