autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Having issues with my prices

I do have to add here, that you SHOULD be offering a basic wash. Especially to the customers who have solicited your services for a full detail. When you explain the proper washing techniques and products to someone who doesn't really know anything about them, it can get very overwhelming.

A proper, non-scratch inducing wash on a regular basis will prolong the investment they've made in hiring your services to correct their paint. You're not a car washer if you establish that off the bat. If a customer can't afford a correction, but just wants a high quality wash that seriously minimizes the chances of inducing even very light marring, then you've already established yourself as a detailer and not the average car washer.

I will do just a basic exterior wash for $35. Doesn't really include anything else, but I'll wipe down rubber floor mats and door/hood/trunk jams, etc. If they want more than that, they have to pay more. Just adding my .02. Nice site by the way. Well done. Your prices are very low.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I understand about the discounts getting out of hand, I was only referring to those who put their lives in danger to protect and serve the public. As a Vet and a product of retired military personnel you should understand this. I am not trying to start a war over professions or people who think they are entitled to discounts. If you do not feel that military personnel should be offered a discount, then don't add them. I was only asking a question. You are 100% correct, you are doing the work and you deserve to be paid for it. If your customer or potential customer doesn't agree to your price, then that's their loss. They need to move on!
    Well I protect Americans from harms way every day at my primary job. So do the firemen and policemen I offered a discount to. As I said its my personal nod to that profession. Do i think less if the military? No I dont. Im going to leave my political views out of this forum because this isnt the place for it. But let me just finish by saying this: Paying for detailing can be considered a luxury service. I dont think people are coming to me spending their last few dollars. I dont think anyone that gets their car detailed NEEDS that discount the way I NEED the profit from the hours of work. Therefore the discount is just a simple courtesy to my brothers on the street. If i wasnt a fireman I probably wouldnt offer that kind of discount anyway. And my level of respect and admiration for them and their job would remain high.

I run multiple charity events a year as well as participate in the boot drive and do a NUMBER of events that supports my community, my country and my military. I dont need to work for free as well.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's all good with me my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    It's all good with me my friend!
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just kinda bumpin this post....I was wondering how work has turned out for you over the last couple of months...did it pick up any...did you try any new marketing methods that seemed to work for ya?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234