autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Having issues with my prices

Kris,

Does your basic detail include clay bar treatment? Just curious..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Kris,

Does your basic detail include clay bar treatment? Just curious..
    Not a full claybar...If I come across some bug or grime that I cant get off I will clay it. I clay plastic headlights and windshields. But the full treatment comes with a polish.

thanks for the reassurance! that means a lot. And thanks for checking out the site.

Kris
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your paint correction is actually very cheap.
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing has happened to me here in Houston. Trust me in every industry of service there are customers that are trying to get something for nothing, your prices are very reasonable to me.
    The Gleam Master Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Your paint correction and swirl removal prices seem really low. I would charge by hour instead of a fit rate. Most detailer charge 75-80 and hour so charge $40-%40 an hour you will be getting around $300-$500 for a full correction.

You should offer a 1-step correction and full correction. Make your one step correction a fixed price and make your full correction hourly.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Your paint correction and swirl removal prices seem really low. I would charge by hour instead of a fit rate. Most detailer charge 75-80 and hour so charge $40-%40 an hour you will be getting around $300-$500 for a full correction.

You should offer a 1-step correction and full correction. Make your one step correction a fixed price and make your full correction hourly.

You know Ive been a little hessitant about fixing a correction price and this seems like a great Idea. Thanks!
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your prices are fine, it took almost 2 years to establish our shop, and some extremely loyal clients. We have a large college, and an army base in the area.Some people know what goes into a full detail, and some are thinking the quick vac and wipedown. Stick with it. Nice site!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shawn. Your correction prices are very cheap. I know as detailer's we always want to avoid the "car washer" stigma that sometimes comes along with it. But you have to keep in mind that every car you "wash" is a potential "full detail" customer, as well as a reference for you. I would suggest creating a couple of cheaper packages that might lure them in. Then once you have gone over their vehicle, you can make suggestions on what they should get done. We do a "simple detail $30" and a "deluxe detail $50". One is just a wash that we wipe down the interior really well, and the other includes a spray wax. We do between 3-5 an hour when were really busy. I usually get at least one correction out of all of the 5. Keep in mind that most people don't even realize you can take scratches out of paint!!! haha. Good luck with your efforts. Wish you well.

My website isnt up and running quite yet. Have a myspace with my prices on if your interested in checking it out. myspace.com/sokedetail
    Last edited by T Riddle; 03-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the prices are very reasonable.. for what you offer..

I am gonna say word of mouth helps a lot.. Not sure if you considered making a FaceBook page or a quik craigslist Ad (and a link to the page) just to get the word out..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    i think the prices are very reasonable.. for what you offer..

I am gonna say word of mouth helps a lot.. Not sure if you considered making a FaceBook page or a quik craigslist Ad (and a link to the page) just to get the word out..
    Yeah Im actually working on that now. As far as cheaper car wash packages....I just dont do them. On a day off if I have 1 car wash it eats up too much precious gas and time off and for what? 30 bucks? Even if I have 2 "washes" its still most of my day gone for chump change. There are a million people out there that are car washers. I want detail work. I got a few core clients that have gotten me even more business so Im looking to market myself with flyers soon. Possibly some custom graphics for my vehicle window.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast